Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 07:12 PM   #1
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Zipped m4b audiobooks

Can pocketbook handle zipped m4b audiobooks?

I don't appear to be able to load them. Zipped mp3 works ok.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 11:30 PM   #2
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Unfortunately not, the Verse Pro specs:

"Support for 6 audio formats: MP3, MP3.zip, OGG, OGG.zip, M4A, M4B"

Only zipped MP3 and OGG files supported.

You could try merging multiple M4B files, but I had problems with single MP3 audiobooks and had to split and zip them.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 03-04-2024 at 11:47 PM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2024, 05:31 AM   #3
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Thanks, that's too bad. I would have thought that if they can already do zipped MP3 and OGG it isn't much effort to do zipped M4B.

What problems did you have with the single MP3? I just tried a 2h44m one and it seemed to play ok and I could move around the whole file and play without issue.

I did have a problem with playing on my Denon headphones. They connect fine via Bluetooth, show A2DP next to them, but then I get no sound when I play. Fortunately my son's headphones work fine.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:37 AM   #4
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicfur View Post
What problems did you have with the single MP3? I just tried a 2h44m one and it seemed to play ok and I could move around the whole file and play without issue.
The audiobook in question was around 14 hours long. I think it may have just been too large of a file to process, it was incredibly slow to launch and would often hang/freeze. As I said, worked fine once split and zipped.

Maybe the difference in the M4B container and structure will mean larger files of that type aren't a problem? Let us know either way!
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote