Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2013, 01:48 PM   #1006
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashley View Post
How to uninstal complete DUOKAN? kindle 3.
alt+sym > uninstall (probably on the last page)
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #1007
iri1
iri1 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
duokan project can't be open source, there's a billion chinese market ready for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorogio View Post

Here is the Romanian version for the Duokan v7.8. Simply to copy the file in the folder
\DK_System\xKindle\res\language

It is far from perfect but at least it works better than the misterious Chinese characters
you translated this with google translator?
did you verify it at least?

TURNON_SMART_EDGING="Deschideti inteligenta tuns" ?
TTS_SPEAKER_FEMALE=Fete ?
"Scriere chineza: Latin" ?

you need to verify on kindle to make sure the translation is proper

send the translation to duokan team to integrate it in the package

Last edited by iri1; 02-09-2013 at 06:52 PM.
iri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 PM   #1008
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duokan.com
The 2013 official version will be released in the first years later a Friday (02.22)!

See more forum will not release version, we will make every effort to 2013 before the official release!
AFAIU they are not going to release a new version until 02.22, and starting with this version it will be named as "Duokan 2013"
Old 02-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #1009
KrautHolg
KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW3, K4NT, KT, KT2 5.6.0 (2443690034)
Kindle 4.1.0 is not a K3 or K4?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
It worked! Thank you!
When I try to install (K4 None Touch)2012-06-29.C12125.rtm everything goes smoothly - until it is time to boot up Duokan. Then I get told something like: "Device is not a K3 or K4?"

I just bought the cheapest Kindle ($69) from Amazon and it says Kindle 4.1.0.

What might I be doing wrong?

Best,

Holg
KrautHolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #1010
A2OGM
A2OGM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautHolg View Post
When I try to install (K4 None Touch)2012-06-29.C12125.rtm everything goes smoothly - until it is time to boot up Duokan. Then I get told something like: "Device is not a K3 or K4?"

I just bought the cheapest Kindle ($69) from Amazon and it says Kindle 4.1.0.

What might I be doing wrong?

Best,

Holg
I have a Kindle 4 NT Black v4.1.0 and I've successfully installed the latest Duokan 2013-01-25.20781.rtm.
You can find it here:

official Thread

Download Link for the Kindle 4 NT
A2OGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #1011
KrautHolg
KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.KrautHolg can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: PW3, K4NT, KT, KT2 5.6.0 (2443690034)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A2OGM View Post
I have a Kindle 4 NT Black v4.1.0 and I've successfully installed the latest Duokan 2013-01-25.20781.rtm.
You can find it here:

official Thread

Download Link for the Kindle 4 NT
Right! Thank you very much. That worked. Now it speaks Chinese..... How do I switch it to English?
KrautHolg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #1012
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrautHolg View Post
Right! Thank you very much. That worked. Now it speaks Chinese..... How do I switch it to English?
this may help.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 PM   #1013
rostamiani
rostamiani began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS T1
Can I change the Light on kindle paperwhite ?
rostamiani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #1014
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostamiani View Post
Can I change the Light on kindle paperwhite ?
probably
Old 02-16-2013, 03:41 PM   #1015
dangersmith
dangersmith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I recently bought a PW, downgraded to 3.1, jailbroke and installed duokan. When I switched back to Kindle I updated to 3.3 (i know, i didn't read not to do that until too late!)

When i restarted I wasn't given the option to choose between duokan and kindle. I removed the firmware update, rolling back to 3.1, but restarting still does not give me the option to re-enter duokan.

Anyone know what to do?

UPDATE - FIXED

First, I rolled back to 3.1

I plugged in to the usb, deleted all the Duokan folders and files, and then re-loaded and re-installed. This time I will not update to 3.3

Last edited by dangersmith; 02-16-2013 at 04:35 PM. Reason: FIXED ISSUE
dangersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #1016
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Well, the first thing to NOT DO is double post.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #1017
dangersmith
dangersmith began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Well, the first thing to NOT DO is double post.
Sorry. Novice on pretty much every level here.
dangersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:54 PM   #1018
feklee
feklee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle M2L4EK
Question

When I installed Duokan 2012 R1.1 Stable on my Kindle Keyboard 3G (GB) about a year ago, I did a factory reset, thereby getting rid of the jailbreak that I had installed earlier.

Now, I would like to have the Jailbreak back, in order to use USB networking with the VNC viewer to make the Kindle a second screen to my laptop (potentially interesting in bright sunlight).

Is it possible to install the jailbreak in parallel to Duokan?

I tried the usual method of installing the jailbreak, copying the corresponding `bin` file to the root directory, then rebooting. However, that did not work. Upon loading, there was a message that the update failed. I know that a similar message shows up even when jailbreak installation succeeds, but then the Kindle automatically reboots, and in my case it didn't. Nevertheless, I tried installing USB networking, but - no surprise - I could not activate it afterwards. So the jailbreak most likely did not work.

Last edited by feklee; 02-18-2013 at 03:55 AM.
feklee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #1019
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by feklee View Post
When I installed Duokan 2012 R1.1 Stable on my Kindle Keyboard 3G (GB) about a yer ago, I did a factory reset, thereby getting rid of the jailbreak that I had installed earlier.

Now, I would like to have the Jailbreak back, in order to use USB networking with the VNC viewer to make the Kindle a second screen to my laptop (potentially interesting in bright sunlight).

Is it possible to install the jailbreak in parallel to Duokan?

I tried the usual method of installing the jailbreak, copying the corresponding `bin` file to the root directory, then rebooting. However, that did not work. Upon loading, there was a message that the update failed. I know that a similar message shows up even when jailbreak installation succeeds, but then the Kindle automatically reboots, and in my case it didn't. Nevertheless, I tried installing USB networking, but - no surprise - I could not activate it afterwards. So the jailbreak most likely did not work.
Would it have been an error 003 by any chance?

Try install the MR packages by: Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Kindle

And with only one of them on the USB storage at any one time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 AM   #1020
feklee
feklee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle M2L4EK
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Menu -> Settings -> Menu -> Update Kindle
Oh, indeed that was it. No error messages at all during installation of jailbreak and USB networking support, only: Update successful. Your Kindle is restarting...

kindlevncviewer is working flawlessly now (well, within its limits), and Duokan is still running on the same device.
feklee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf