Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 06:00 AM   #1
kerrware
kerrware began at the beginning.

Device: none
Message "Updating DB. Please wait..." repeating forever

Just after connecting to Calibre I got a "communication error" and the Story disconnected.
Since then, no matter what I do the startup process always stops with the repeating message "Updating DB. Please wait.." just after displaying the two header lines, the "My Library" caption and the five line left hand side menu (Books, Comics, My Folder, Bookmarks, SD Card).
I have tried various combinations of restarting, pressing the reset button and reconnecting to my PC. The only variation is when the device in connected to the PC I get the charging display. I can't get the "device connected" display or even the option to select it.
I'm guessing it's a memory corruption problem but I have no idea how to go about fixing it. As I can't connect to my PC I can't attempt any cleanup from there.
Before I sent it in for repair I just wondered if anybody had any ideas as to what I might try?

Is there any dynamic ram involved here? Any point in trying to flatten the battery to clear it?
kerrware is offline   Reply With Quote