Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #1
lovemov
Enthusiast
lovemov began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Sony lrf on iPad

I got this as upgrade, This is the only App (united reader) I found that support lrf. The display is very basic, but I finally can read some of my lrfs on iPad now, and seeing some pictures book covers in colors from lrf is some fun.
lovemov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:06 AM   #2
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
look into calibre. convert your LRF files over to epub and load them up into iBooks.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2010, 01:10 AM   #3
Sinthor
Sinthor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Convert! And accept iBooks into your heart! :)

Well, I'm sure it's been said and will be said many times, but get the free Calibre program and easily convert your .lrf's into epubs and you can stick them straight into iBooks. Or you can even make them Kindle files, although I'm not sure the Kindle app will let you read anything you haven't purchased. Stanza will though and will even let you use a computer running Calibre as a book server from which to download and read all your book library! Very cool feature and well worth checking out.
Sinthor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:05 AM   #4
softengdeb
Debasish
softengdeb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reder
Red face ERROR ITMS-9000

Hi All,
Please give me some suggestion for below error in the timing of upload in apple.

Package Summary:

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:

C:\upload\9782608023091.itmsp - Error Messages:

Apple's web service operation was not successful

Unable to authenticate the package: 9782608023091.itmsp

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid URI in manifest fonts/Cambria Bold.ttf

: Illegal character in path at index 13: fonts/Cambria Bold.ttf" at Book (MZItm

spBookPackage)

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Unmanifested file found : 9782608023091.epub:\

OPS\images\m567e6b30.jpg" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

[2010-06-29 10:45:48 CDT] <main> DBG-X: Returning 1

Press any key to continue . . .

Please any expertise help me.
softengdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:55 AM   #5
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by softengdeb View Post
ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid URI in manifest fonts/Cambria Bold.ttf

: Illegal character in path at index 13: fonts/Cambria Bold.ttf" at Book (MZItm

spBookPackage)
Looks like it is complaining about the space in the filename.
Check you have quoted the path correctly, and/or try renaming the font so that it doesn't have a space.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 01:13 AM   #6
softengdeb
Debasish
softengdeb began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reder
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Looks like it is complaining about the space in the filename.
Check you have quoted the path correctly, and/or try renaming the font so that it doesn't have a space.
Thanks Murray. I will try if there any concern i will touch with you
softengdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:14 PM   #7
Rcartes
Rcartes began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottjl View Post
look into calibre. convert your LRF files over to epub and load them up into iBooks.
Scott, I've converted a couple of lrf iles to see how it works, but I have a couple of questions:

1) The lrf books are in three parts: the lrf file, a jpg with the book cover image, and an opf file (have no ide what this does). And the three are in folders for the author. Do I need to have all three files in iBooks?

2) This is hte tricky part: how do I get the files into iBooks on my iPad? I've emailed them to myself, but now can't get them into iBooks.

Hope you (or someone else) can help...

Richard
Rcartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You cannot get an LRF into iBooks as it cannot read this format. As scottjl said you need to convert it into a format that can be read using an iPad app. For iBooks this would be ePub primarily. Convert the book to ePub and then you will be able to get the book to your iPad.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #9
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcartes View Post
Scott, I've converted a couple of lrf iles to see how it works, but I have a couple of questions:

1) The lrf books are in three parts: the lrf file, a jpg with the book cover image, and an opf file (have no ide what this does). And the three are in folders for the author. Do I need to have all three files in iBooks?

2) This is hte tricky part: how do I get the files into iBooks on my iPad? I've emailed them to myself, but now can't get them into iBooks.

Hope you (or someone else) can help...

Richard
If you did convert then the 3 files from lrf then there should be an epub file, a jpg and the opf. You are concerned with the epub. The jpg is the cover that Calibre presents you and the opf contains metadata. Again, you are only concerned with the epub for the iPad. You can load that into iBooks through iTunes or side load it into any other epub reader on the iPad.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:45 AM   #10
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Once registered, your iPad will get a Kindle email adress, If you convert to mobi, you can email your books to your Kindle app on the iPad... The will be stored in the Amazon cloud, will sync across devices (if you like) and bookmarks, highlights and notes will be backuped via Amazon...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyb View Post
Once registered, your iPad will get a Kindle email adress, If you convert to mobi, you can email your books to your Kindle app on the iPad... The will be stored in the Amazon cloud, will sync across devices (if you like) and bookmarks, highlights and notes will be backuped via Amazon...
Of course this assumes you have a Kindle App. Mobi will not work in iBooks but you can download a Kindle App for the iPad from the app store.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 07:47 AM   #12
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinthor View Post
Well, I'm sure it's been said and will be said many times, but get the free Calibre program and easily convert your .lrf's into epubs and you can stick them straight into iBooks. Or you can even make them Kindle files, although I'm not sure the Kindle app will let you read anything you haven't purchased. Stanza will though and will even let you use a computer running Calibre as a book server from which to download and read all your book library! Very cool feature and well worth checking out.

This is good... i will try this
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:55 PM   #13
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
I've just got my first iPad and am still exploring. I get my books from a variety of sources and use Calibre and a Sony 505 at the moment (none have DRM). I've got Stanza on the iPad but I'm having a teething problem. If I put an ePub book into Dropbox and open it on the iPad, Stanza says there's no suitable format to view. However, if I email the same book to myself and open it, it drops beautifully straight into Stanza.

Is this a Stanza problem or Dropbox?

Thanks,
Chris
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
Is this a Stanza problem or Dropbox?
Not sure, that is the way I do it. I download in Dropbox and use the Share button to send the epub to Stanza. I've never had a problem.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never had a problem with dropbox.... maybe it is on stanza
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote