Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-12-2003, 08:49 AM   #16
mochant
mochant began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie UX50
Where the books go...

Quote:
Originally posted by chunlin66
I would send them to you if I could find them on my computer. It doesn't show you where it downloads to.
By default MS Reader puts the book files in a folder called "My Library" in your My Documents folder.
mochant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2003, 07:40 PM   #17
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you look at the URLs of of MS's free books, you can notice the following pattern:

http://12.149.108.82/Authenticate.Asp?Id=179&Book=XXX.

Well, for the listed titles, XXX is simple
HISTORY for A Short History of Everything
CANDY for Candy and Me
LAST for Last to Die..

Well, some of the next 3 are easy to guess:
SINISTER for "The Sinister Pig"
LUCK for "The Joy Luck Club"
SHORTY for "Get Shorty"
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2003, 04:16 PM   #18
chunlin66
Enthusiast
chunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it is

Device: Clie NX60
In the URLs, i don't see any words for the current books. It's a bunch of letters and numbers. Joy luck club:http://12.149.108.82/authenticate.as...0&book=5ZC3868
chunlin66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #19
istomtom
istomtom began at the beginning.

Device: M500
What books have been posted so far? I've got the 3 current ones and Bill Bryson's History, but is there anything I missed? Could someone list or post em?
istomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 07:58 PM   #20
chunlin66
Enthusiast
chunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it ischunlin66 knows what time it is

Madame X, Joy Luck Club, and a business one. Also, Last to Die and Candy and Me.
Advert
Old 07-22-2003, 08:11 PM   #21
istomtom
istomtom began at the beginning.

Device: M500
Cool, I didn't miss much.

Thanks.
istomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 03:35 PM   #22
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
Quote:
Originally posted by chunlin66
Madame X, Joy Luck Club, and a business one. Also, Last to Die and Candy and Me.
Do you remember which business one was posted and do you have it? I'm getting in to this a bit late and am mainly interested in the non-fiction stuff such as the one posted yesterday.

Thanks
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:12 AM   #23
MoeTheCat
MoeTheCat began at the beginning.

Device: HP Jornada

Last edited by MoeTheCat; 08-12-2003 at 01:51 PM.
MoeTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:56 PM   #24
kemikelx
kemikelx began at the beginning.

Device: 0123456
ali, don quiyote..
A civil action
kemikelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 05:46 PM   #25
chunlin66
Enthusiast

Nope, sorry. don't have it. And I have no idea which one it was.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:58 AM   #26
Griff
Enthusiast
Griff began at the beginning.

Device: Clie NR70v
Hmm...it had been posted by another person...but now it's gone....
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 07:56 AM   #27
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
What is on MS's list of free ebooks this week?

- The Business Travel Bible
by Jonathan Aspatore
This comprehensive resource for business travelers includes facts, figures, and data designed to provide help and information while on the road. Included are phone numbers--both listed and unlisted--for all airlines, hotels, car rentals, and other frequently used business services. Business travel emergencies such as computer crashes, finding medical help in case of illness, and lost plane tickets are addressed. Also supplied are business words and phrases spelled out phonetically in the 14 most common foreign languages and information on local roadside assistance, Internet service provider numbers, and taxi and transportation information. In addition, maps of the 23 largest United States cities for business are laid out in detail.

- The Last Chance Café by Linda Lael Miller

- Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman

As usual, you can find it here:
http://www.microsoft.com/reader/prom.../free_shop.asp
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 10:14 PM   #28
RockerChick
Enthusiast
RockerChick began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
*sigh*

I would LOVE to re-read 'Leaves of Grass'
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 05:17 AM   #29
Colin Dunstan
Is papyrophobic!
Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colin Dunstan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Quote:
Originally posted by RockerChick
*sigh*

I would LOVE to re-read 'Leaves of Grass'
Why don't you do it? You can set up a Microsoft account to download the book free, and then use ConvertLit to convert the book to HTML (for use with iSilo).
Colin Dunstan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 09:20 PM   #30
RockerChick
Enthusiast
RockerChick began at the beginning.

Device: NX70v
Well . . . I could . . . just lazy, I guess. Maybe time-challenged would be a 'kinder' way of saying what I am. =)

With 3 kids into just about every sport/club/activity available in this town, I don't get a lot of computer time. (I won't even mention the significant other that wants computer time . . . lol) I've added it to my 'to read' list. The last time I read that was in high school!
RockerChick is offline   Reply With Quote