Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by benlau View Post
How about QT and Python QT? Using the QT SDK from nokia and build python qt from source?
Well I used (and still do) built qt from source as well (there's a lot of unnecessary stuff in Qt that you can leave out). Building Qt from source is very easy, just look at

configure -h
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #17
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Well I used (and still do) built qt from source as well (there's a lot of unnecessary stuff in Qt that you can leave out). Building Qt from source is very easy, just look at

configure -h
Thx. I can run it on Mac now. Will try to pack dmg later.

benlau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2010, 05:27 AM   #18
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Cute Miku!
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:40 AM   #19
benlau
Enthusiast
benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.benlau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I have no lucky to build dmg using python qt...

Code:
copying /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/config/Makefile -> /Users/benlau/src/prsnotereader/dist/prsnote.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/py2app/build_app.py", line 589, in _run
    self.run_normal()
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/py2app/build_app.py", line 660, in run_normal
    self.create_binaries(py_files, pkgdirs, extensions, loader_files)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/py2app/build_app.py", line 768, in create_binaries
    mm.mm.run_file(runtime)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/MachOGraph.py", line 66, in run_file
    m = self.createNode(MachO, pathname)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/MachOStandalone.py", line 23, in createNode
    res = super(FilteredMachOGraph, self).createNode(cls, name)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/altgraph/ObjectGraph.py", line 148, in createNode
    m = cls(name, *args, **kw)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/MachO.py", line 63, in __init__
    self.load(file(filename, 'rb'))
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/MachO.py", line 73, in load
    self.load_fat(fh)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/MachO.py", line 81, in load_fat
    self.fat = fat_header.from_fileobj(fh)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/ptypes.py", line 44, in from_fileobj
    return cls.from_str(f.read(cls._size_), **kw)
  File "/opt/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/macholib/ptypes.py", line 48, in from_str
    return cls.from_tuple(struct.unpack(endian + cls._format_, s), **kw)
  File "/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/struct.py", line 87, in unpack
    return o.unpack(s)
error: unpack requires a string argument of length 8
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/struct.py(87)unpack()
-> return o.unpack(s)
Environment: Snowleopard + macports 1.8.2 (changed to use python 2.6 will raise another problem...)
Old 03-18-2010, 01:45 PM   #20
toscadera
Enthusiast
toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.toscadera has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 600, Entourage Edge (soon...)
hi there,

just wanted to check if there are any news regarding a mac version?

cheers
k
toscadera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #21
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I too would love to try out a Mac binary, or try compiling it myself...
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:02 AM   #22
benlau
Enthusiast

I am very sorry about that. In fact , the code is able to run on Mac already , but I was not able to build a dmg file.. Will be great if anybody can help for it.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #23
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
If you could e-mail me the Mac binary (to me at work, will.adams@frycomm.com) I'd be glad to try to put it in a .dmg file.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:03 PM   #24
xlinefool
xlinefool began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
The source file for ubuntu is dead.

Can u give me a new link?
xlinefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 11:49 PM   #25
benlau
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlinefool View Post
The source file for ubuntu is dead.

Can u give me a new link?
Sorry , just updated the PPA link:

PPA:
https://launchpad.net/~benlau/+archive/ppa

apt.conf:
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/benlau/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

Source code:
http://launchpad.net/prsnotereader
Old 12-14-2018, 05:12 AM   #26
stegro
stegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipediastegro knows more than wikipedia

Device: Sony PRS-T2
In case anybody comes across this old topic, you may also consider just applying my XSLT stylesheet from https://github.com/stegro/sony-prst2-tools on the .note file, to convert it into a svg. Essentially, this removes the namespaces and embracing elements, and moves two attributes. This is all that is needed to obtain a standalone svg file.
stegro is offline   Reply With Quote