Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 01-30-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Final reminder: MobileRead Paris Meetup tomorrow, January 31st!

Just a friendly reminder that if you're anywhere in Europe we're going to have to insist that you come to our MobileRead Reader Meetup in Paris tomorrow. We promise some excellent Sicilian food, and a chance to complain in person to Zelda about how MobileRead is ruining your life.

The important information you need:

When: Saturday, January 31st, 6:30PM to open-end
Where: La Trottinette, 23 rue de la Fontaine au Roi, Paris 11th arrondissement

For more details, including a list of who is going to come, check out this thread (English) and this thread (Français).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:55 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We promise some excellent Sicilian food, and a chance to complain in person to Zelda about how MobileRead is ruining your life.
Sicilian food (I'm in!), chance to speak personally with Zelda (I'm in!), Paris, France (I'm not ).

Oh well, have fun, and take pictures... (Ok who has a webcam in their laptop... )
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 01:57 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
thanks for the reminder alex ! sheesh, i nearly forgot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
We promise some excellent Sicilian food, and a chance to complain in person to Zelda about how MobileRead is ruining your life.
oh boy, i'm going to need one of those ticket machines so people can get in line ! (do we have a budget for this sort of expense ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Sicilian food (I'm in!), chance to speak personally with Zelda (I'm in!), Paris, France (I'm not ).

Oh well, have fun, and take pictures... (Ok who has a webcam in their laptop... )
maybe you can come to the next one. we'll drink a toast to you anyway !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
oh boy, i'm going to need one of those ticket machines so people can get in line ! (do we have a budget for this sort of expense ?)
First you must run a kissing booth for the first hour. Then a dunking booth for the second hour. You may use those proceeds to buy your ticket machine.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
First you must run a kissing booth for the first hour. Then a dunking booth for the second hour. You may use those proceeds to buy your ticket machine.

BOb
okay, you can run the kissing booth. i will run the dunking booth. now let's see, what to dunk... cookies ? doughnuts ? buttered toast ? and into what : coffee ? tea ? hot chocolate ??? wow, the logistics on these things is getting really complicated !
Advert
Old 01-30-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
okay, you can run the kissing booth.
I will be happy to run it. I have you scheduled to be in it for the first 10 minutes. Who else is going to this thing. Oh... what they heck, I will tentatively schedule you to be the kisser for the whole hour.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I will be happy to run it. I have you scheduled to be in it for the first 10 minutes. Who else is going to this thing. Oh... what they heck, I will tentatively schedule you to be the kisser for the whole hour.

BOb
nice try. it's a good thing you're not "running" the book club this way.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #8
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
I will be happy to run it.
Will it be the only one in history where the occupant has to pay?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Please have a yummy creme brulee for me, OK?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:34 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Please have a yummy creme brulee for me, OK?
i am sure at least one person will have a crème brûlée.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
i am sure at least one person will have a crème brûlée.
*sigh* I wish I could be there. Maybe next year? I missed a lot of stuff I wanted to see in Paris.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote