Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 06-11-2008, 11:32 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Park, Ted: Harvard Classics, Author Index. 11 June 2008

From Ted's original introduction to the RTF version.

Quote:
Since I got my first Electric Book and have been haunting this site, I have become most enamored with the Harvard Classics. But one of the problems for me has been the lack of an organized list of authors and entries.

This upload is a correction for that problem. It is an author-ordered list of every entry in the 49 volumes. For each entry it shows the volume number. Too bad I can't link directly to the volume or the article, but this at least gives a place to start. I did not include all the (nearly 1000) poems by name - that would have made this list too long and unwieldy - but I have included all the authors of the poems and have simply designated their entries as "Poems".

This isn't the most dramatic actual book making - just a simple RTF file - but it represents a bit of research and a great deal of hand-work. I hope somebody besides me finds it useful.

Finally, I have intermediate DOC and XLS files that I made in the process of condensing things to a format suitable for a reader. They may be of some use to anyone who wishes to slice and dice things differently than I have done.
I find it a wonderful addition to the series as my own work on Volume L (50) is far, far from finished. I have converted it to the normal formats that the rest of the Harvard Classics are posted in with Ted's kind permission.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Harvard Classics Author Index.prc (73.9 KB, 1071 views)
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote