Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #1
edu500ac
edu500ac began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600/Kindle 2
Update firmware to 2.1.4

I have two Kobo readers. One of them has updated its firmware to 2.1.4 automatically. However, the other one does not perform the update, no matter what I do. I tried the desktop application, and also the wireless sync. Kobo help page does not help very much. It does not say what to do, when the update does not work. It seems that Kobo thinks that I alread updated the reader, and do not repeat the update. Any suggestions?
edu500ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think Kobo is restricting updates right now via not just geographic areas, but also by device serial numbers.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Yes, something like that certainly appears to be happening.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #4
edu500ac

The Kobo that is not working belongs to my wife. Do you think that Kobo will liberate the 2.1.4 update for all serial numbers in the future? The point is that my wife really needs the update, since it offers dictionaries for one of the languages she speaks.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
edu500ac

By the way, I tried about everything. I performed a factory reset, reinstalled the Kobo Desktop, etc. The only thing I gained from all this was to erase every book that I bought from third parties.
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by edu500ac View Post
The Kobo that is not working belongs to my wife. Do you think that Kobo will liberate the 2.1.4 update for all serial numbers in the future? The point is that my wife really needs the update, since it offers dictionaries for one of the languages she speaks.
It would be very surprising if they don't release it further. The last I heard was a statement from a Kobo person that it would be rolled out further on Tuesday. I don't know if that is everywhere or just to the next batch or region or however they are defining it. I would assume they will start sometime after 9:00am in their local time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote