Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #46
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
After jailbreaking my Kindle Touch I installed Komik, as the navtive Kindle support for comics / manga is not satisfying.
Sadly I was disappointed with Komik as it is also lacking in quite some features, though it has much potential.

Here are the things that I find most disturbing / annoying:
• I usually have multiple mangas with each some 100+ chapters. Although structured in (sub-)folders, why are all the single chapters displayed on the same level? Why not rather have a file browser of some sort with subfolders?
• If I have finished chapter 99 and want to continue with 100, I every time have to scroll down aaaall the way to the bottom. It would be better if you just could go back to where you selected the previous chapter aka file to read.
• Why is there no way to hide the status bar at the top and have full screen reading?
• I wish we could just read manga without having to prepare them every time in advance. This applies to renaming with Komik. If there is a script to rename all the randomly named files, why can’t Komik process them in the first place?
• Why does the welcome window show up on every start rather than just on the first time?

Sorry for all the nagging! I hope you do not take this as critisism rather than as a “wish list” of what Komik should be. I believe that it really can become the best way to read manga on the Kindle, giving it a little more polishing.
It seems isn't possible to hide status bar in a WAF.
Or, at least, no one has yet discovered how to do it.

Welcome popup is a walkaround to a problem related to 5.1.0 firmware (crash when opening an alert while not in index.html page).
Until now, it's the only walkaround I found. AFAIK, Komic is one of the few WAFs using more than one html page (if not the only), so no one else had this problem.

Rename script, as well as other scripts, could be run when running Komic, but I really don't want to wait them to finish processing every time I run Komic.
Furthermore, renaming needs to be done only once (when you add a new folder).

I could make the dropdown menu to show last choosed folder, I'll look in it asap.

As regards other questions, as I stated many times here, I can't read/write files directly.
This means that Komic knows only what the starting script writes in a js file everytime you run it.
If I could read files it would have been a lot easier (and this is why I'm planning to move to java).

I know Komic has those problems: I built it for me so those problems bother me too.
Anyway I don't know how to solve them. If you're willing to help, the source code is open and any help is welcome!!

Last edited by silver18; 07-01-2012 at 02:44 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #47
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch 5.1.2
Hello. I'm curious at how is ordinary manga page on Komic?
Screenshots are about only app's menu.
I'm curious at how seen is normal manga page at Komic. (Portrait and Landscape Mode)
Can you upload a readeble manga or comic page screenshot, please?
asdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #48
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Images are attached.

Landscape images are from the same page, scrolling down to the end

White margins are embedded with the images (full size images are displayed in full screen).

XKCD image (5th image) is really a poor resolution image (google's thumbnail was nice!! )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	561298_4102282120509_324011206_n.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	88573   Click image for larger version

Name:	576239_4102281600496_1744033680_n.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	88574   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_06_50-0200.gif
Views:	472
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	88575   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_07_15-0200.gif
Views:	494
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	88576   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_13_44-0200.gif
Views:	457
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	88577   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_04_54-0200.gif
Views:	471
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	88578   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_05_02-0200.gif
Views:	489
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	88579   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-01T23_05_11-0200.gif
Views:	481
Size:	107.4 KB
ID:	88580  

Last edited by silver18; 07-01-2012 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 05:32 PM   #49
asdas
Enthusiast
asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'asdas knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Thank you very much for screenshots. Specially Landscape mode superb.
Dialogs on first image is very small for me. Can we zoom in-out this page on Komic?
Can we scroll up-down on portrait mode?
Old 07-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #50
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdas View Post
Thank you very much for screenshots. Specially Landscape mode superb.
Dialogs on first image is very small for me. Can we zoom in-out this page on Komic?
Can we scroll up-down on portrait mode?
First image was an A4 page comic!! I took that screenshot a while ago just because I find that image funny!

Anyway, you can zoom in and out (before 5.1.0 firmware you could use pinch-to-zoom, now I added a "change image size" feature. You can read something about it here in "RESIZE FUNCTION" paragraph).

Finally, in landscape mode you can scroll up and down using swipe gesture or, more comfortable, tapping on the bottom of the page will scroll down the image. You also can change the amount of scrolling.
Advert
Old 07-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #51
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hello. I'm curious at how is ordinary manga page on Komic?
Screenshots are about only app's menu.
I'm curious at how seen is normal manga page at Komic. (Portrait and Landscape Mode)
Can you upload a readeble manga or comic page screenshot, please?
Maybe you would like a reduced price, limited function, edition of your own for a trial period?
If you ask real nice, Silver18 might let you have a free trial copy.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:21 AM   #52
jakobim
Enthusiast
jakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toysjakobim shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Touch
OK, so after re-reading my last question(s) I noticed I really did sound like a jerk. Thank you very much for not taking it the wrong way silver18 and taking your time answering them. I really was just a little disappointed, but so are you because of the seeming limitedness of WAF.
I would love to help, though I don't know if I will manage to come up with the time for it nor if I have the knowledge. But I shall prevail, or I'll die trying.
Btw. is there an overview in what ways applications can be programmed for the kindle, maybe with some sample code? I already heard Java, Html and WAF.
If you already know that WAF is limited I think you should move on to a method capable of providing the things that are needed.
jakobim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #53
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakobim View Post
Btw. is there an overview in what ways applications can be programmed for the kindle, maybe with some sample code? I already heard Java, Html and WAF.
If you already know that WAF is limited I think you should move on to a method capable of providing the things that are needed.
The different programming methods have prefix tags, and indexes. You can get to them via the master index sticky. Most stuff is not yet indexed though, but it is a good place to start. Be sure to check out the hacking wikis (linked into the device-specific indexes).
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #54
asdas
Enthusiast

It's work very good. Thank You.
I have a question.
How can i display on Komic my double paged cbr, cbz Comics?
I can't read my double paged comics on Komic.
I'm a new/rookie Komic user. How did you solve this problem?
Is there any method or app for spliting/dividing for double page cbr, cbz comics?

(Sorry my english. I use googletranslate)

I'm splitting double page comics with photoscape. It's Ok

Last edited by asdas; 07-11-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: problem solved :)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM   #55
DRIVER733
DRIVER733 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
silver18,
I`m really looking forward to the release of the new version When it`s going to be?
DRIVER733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #56
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
It's work very good. Thank You.
I have a question.
How can i display on Komic my double paged cbr, cbz Comics?
I can't read my double paged comics on Komic.
I'm a new/rookie Komic user. How did you solve this problem?
Is there any method or app for spliting/dividing for double page cbr, cbz comics?

(Sorry my english. I use googletranslate)

I'm splitting double page comics with photoscape. It's Ok
If you have occasional double pages, you can change image size making the width and height 200%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVER733 View Post
silver18,
I`m really looking forward to the release of the new version When it`s going to be?

I'm sorry for this delay, but this month is full of exams in university!
I'll release it asap.
Anyway, new release will contain the autosave option and many fixes in scripts!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #57
asdas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
If you have occasional double pages, you can change image size making the width and height 200%!
Thanks for suggestions dear Silver18.
Komic is wonderfull app.
I'm waiting new version too.
Best Regards to success in exams.

(Sorry my english. I use Google Translate)
Old 07-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #58
DRIVER733
DRIVER733 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.0.4
Silver18,
Thanks for your reply. I hope you'll you do your best at the exams
DRIVER733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 03:09 PM   #59
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Silver,

Question on how the rename script works. Here's my scenario since I read manga as groups translate each chapter.
  1. A chapter or so on the kindle already, properly numbered.
  2. Add new chapter (plus old chapter to get order correct) to kindle.
  3. Run rename script.

OK, so in that scenario, how does the rename script handle preexisting files in the directory?

Thanks. And yes, "what if" was one of my favorite games as a child.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #60
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookakitten View Post
Silver,

Question on how the rename script works. Here's my scenario since I read manga as groups translate each chapter.
  1. A chapter or so on the kindle already, properly numbered.
  2. Add new chapter (plus old chapter to get order correct) to kindle.
  3. Run rename script.

OK, so in that scenario, how does the rename script handle preexisting files in the directory?

Thanks. And yes, "what if" was one of my favorite games as a child.
Rename script works like this:
- make a list of every folder containing images in /documents/Gallery/
- check a folder at a time
- sort files inside folder
- if first image has 0 as name, skip folder
- otherwise, it renames files

So....if you add images to a folder with already renamed files, those images won't be renamed as the script finds 0 as first file and it skips the folder.

Tags
launcher add-ons