Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Do Your Pets Interfere With Your Reading?
Yes they do 45 73.77%
No, my pets respect my boundaries 8 13.11%
Does "pet" include my spouse, SO and/or kids? 10 16.39%
The house plants bother me 4 6.56%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2010, 01:34 AM   #46
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I have to say that (thankfully!) I have never had a loo cat!
I think he knows I am going to sit still for a few minutes and takes advantage.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 02:04 AM   #47
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
the only ones that have even tried have ended up leaving me clawed and bloody. as much as I miss having my kids around the house, I am glad that the days of trying to go to the bathroom and all of a sudden 2 kids, (that have been ignoring me all day) 2 Newfoundlands, (that had been snoring quite contentedly just previously) and numerous cats, (who had been places unknown immediately prior) all found an immediate need to occupy the bathroom with me and needed my complete and undivided attention. right then. no questions asked. everyone was first
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 02:29 AM   #48
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
My iguana Cissy knows better than to intrude on my ME time.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 03:26 AM   #49
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
Mr M wants to sit on me the most when I am at the computer and when I am on the loo!
My cat used to follow me into the bathroom and tried to sit on me when he was still a kitten. He had a weird fascination with the toilet, especially with flushing. But one day he jumped on the toilet when I wasn't on it and fell in. And then started running around like crazy all over the place.

Since then, he doesn't go near the bathroom and runs away as fast as he can when he hears a toilet being flushed
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:08 AM   #50
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridal View Post
My cat used to follow me into the bathroom and tried to sit on me when he was still a kitten. He had a weird fascination with the toilet, especially with flushing. But one day he jumped on the toilet when I wasn't on it and fell in. And then started running around like crazy all over the place.

Since then, he doesn't go near the bathroom and runs away as fast as he can when he hears a toilet being flushed
Mr M was having a crazy cat run around the house one night and jumped in the bath as he had done plenty of times before, but this time it was full of water. Then the floors were all wet and he was crazier than before.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2010, 05:13 AM   #51
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Felicity use to be fascinated by moving water. She would always stand up to the the toilet being flushed, watching carefully. (We had hopes of toilet training her. Oh well.) When one of us was running water in the sink in the bathroom she would jump up on the counter and actually play with the falling water, batting at it with her paw. But all that stopped as she got older and put away childish toys in favor of sleeping in one of the planters on the veranda, climbing inside her cardboard box with the small holes in the side so she can try to catch anything passing by without being seen. Adult stuff. And of course, burrowing into a pile of clothing in the closet to either sleep or just shed fur. In some ways, I prefer it when she snuggles while I read.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:02 AM   #52
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Then the floors were all wet and he was crazier than before.
And the cat will be even wetter than the floor, which means you have to try and catch him while he's running around so you can get him dry again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
But all that stopped as she got older and put away childish toys in favor of sleeping in one of the planters on the veranda, climbing inside her cardboard box with the small holes in the side so she can try to catch anything passing by without being seen.
Hey, that's a game I know ! My cat will put one of his toys next to my laundry basket (which has little holes in it), then jump in and try to get the toy by putting his paws through the holes. Hilarious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
In some ways, I prefer it when she snuggles while I read.
Yep, at least when their sleeping on your lap you know they're not getting into any mischief
Old 10-31-2010, 07:19 AM   #53
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:21 AM   #54
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #55
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post

That's not a REAL cat is it ?

Imagine a cat like that curling up on your lap ...
Old 10-31-2010, 09:40 AM   #56
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:

That's not a REAL cat is it ?

Imagine a cat like that curling up on your lap ...
haha! no. closely look at all of the legs!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:16 AM   #57
Iridal
Mysteriarch

Quote:
haha! no. closely look at all of the legs!

Boy, do I feel sheeeeepish
Old 10-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #58
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:

Boy, do I feel sheeeeepish
don't worry about it, those pics are intended to confuse us!
Old 10-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #59
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
don't worry about it, those pics are intended to confuse us!
Sure caught me! When I saw that the two rear right legs were in step as were the two front right legs, I thought it was a Tennessee Walking Horse!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #60
jes1
Zealot
jes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enoughjes1 will become famous soon enough

Device: Astak EZReader, Dell Axim x50v, iPod Touch, nook
Quote:
Mr M was having a crazy cat run around the house one night and jumped in the bath as he had done plenty of times before, but this time it was full of water. Then the floors were all wet and he was crazier than before.
That same thing happened with my pet rabbit. Unfortunately, I was in the tub at the time and ended up with some scratches in uncomfortable places while he tried to escape. After that, he never jumped into the tub without sticking his nose down to sniff for water first.
jes1 is offline   Reply With Quote