Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
surfsimon
surfsimon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Autovetter Copyright error for Smashwords

I have just published my first ebook on Amazon, and now I want to offer it through Smashwords as well. I created the file using Sigil.
It was accepted for a basic Smashwords listing, and it passed the EPUBcheck, but for premium listings on Kobo, Apple, etc. it should also pass the autovetter check.
I have one error that does not go away, whatever I try. It keeps saying that there is something wrong with my copyright notice, as stated on http://www.smashwords.com/about/supportfaq#avcopy.

Now I tried to manipulate what I stated there in many ways, but I keep getting the error. I placed the code right after the cover-page, on a page with CopyrightPage semantics. I also played with removing that sematics, placing a title-page, etc. but no luck. The actual content I use is this, and I really can't see what could be wrong. Anyone?
code:

<p style="text-align:center;"><strong>Joomla 3.5 SEO &amp; Performance<br /></strong>Simon Kloostra</p>

<p style="text-align:center;">Smashwords Edition<br />
copyright 2013, Simon Kloostra</p>

<p style="text-align:center;">Smashwords Edition License Notes</p>

<p style="text-align:left;">This ebook is licensed for your personal enjoyment only. This ebook may not be re-sold or given away to other people. If you would like to share this book with another person, please purchase an additional copy for each recipient. If you’re reading this book and did not purchase it, or it was not purchased for your use only, then please return to Smashwords.com and purchase your own copy. Thank you for respecting the hard work of this author.</p>
surfsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:55 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
This is a 'Craft' type question. Moving to Writers Corner
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:21 PM   #3
surfsimon
surfsimon began at the beginning.

Device: none
I just noticed that on https://www.smashwords.com/swdirect they say:

"Known bug: Depending on how your .epub file is constructed, in some cases AutoVetter will generate an erroneous "copyright error" message. If this happens, please contact our support team via the "Comments/questions" link and they can quickly approve your book. We're working to fix this."

So I will contact them directly....
surfsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsimon View Post
I just noticed that on https://www.smashwords.com/swdirect they say:

"Known bug: Depending on how your .epub file is constructed, in some cases AutoVetter will generate an erroneous "copyright error" message. If this happens, please contact our support team via the "Comments/questions" link and they can quickly approve your book. We're working to fix this."

So I will contact them directly....

Glad you saw that... that was what I was about to tell you. I had that problem a while back but it went away. Not sure what trips it.

Here is what I have and this passes every time now....

Code:
  <p class="block2">Written and Published by Vincent Trigili</p>

<p class="block2">Copyright 2010 Vincent Trigili</p>

<p class="block2">Smashword Edition</p>
With the style:

Code:
.block2 {
    border-bottom: 0;
    border-top: 0;
    display: block;
    text-align: center;
    text-indent: 0;