Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #76
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks a lot!!!
I always wanted to change buttons (black on dark grey isn't the best choice!)

If you don't mind it, I'm going to use them from now on for future release!
(this means I'll have to bother you if new buttons will be added! )
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #77
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Thanks a lot!!!
I always wanted to change buttons (black on dark grey isn't the best choice!)

If you don't mind it, I'm going to use them from now on for future release!
(this means I'll have to bother you if new buttons will be added! )
Edit: Attached are the new buttons which look more like the kindle ones. They are not perfect but I think they will suit Komic. I always thought that the kindle buttons should be bigger anyways .

No problem, the colors are a little off that because of my color pallet (rgb) I will fix that tonight. Also the borders are at a radius of 10 and I think the kindles are at 8 or something (I may fix that too). If you want me to make something else just ask. Images are kind of what I do.... Thanks for using them, great confidence boost to me!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Buttons.zip (41.7 KB, 259 views)

Last edited by Titano; 07-22-2012 at 04:35 AM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:06 AM   #78
Thecamper
Thecamper began at the beginning.

Hi, first of all, you did a great job. I like this app really much.
The only thing I miss is the possibility to jump from the end of one folder right to the beginning of the next.
When I read my Comics (actually Manga) and finish a chapter, its very annoying to have to scroll through the entire folder list for the next. It would be perfect if instead of saying "No more images to display!" Komic would jump to the next folder in the list.
I tried to implement this functionality by myself. Unfortunately its hard to understand the variable names because they are not in my language Also I never did anything in JS. So I really hope that you can implement this functionality
Thecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #79
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titano View Post
Edit: Attached are the new buttons which look more like the kindle ones. They are not perfect but I think they will suit Komic. I always thought that the kindle buttons should be bigger anyways .

No problem, the colors are a little off that because of my color pallet (rgb) I will fix that tonight. Also the borders are at a radius of 10 and I think the kindles are at 8 or something (I may fix that too). If you want me to make something else just ask. Images are kind of what I do.... Thanks for using them, great confidence boost to me!
Thanks again for this update!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecamper View Post
The only thing I miss is the possibility to jump from the end of one folder right to the beginning of the next.
When I read my Comics (actually Manga) and finish a chapter, its very annoying to have to scroll through the entire folder list for the next. It would be perfect if instead of saying "No more images to display!" Komic would jump to the next folder in the list.
I tried to implement this functionality by myself. Unfortunately its hard to understand the variable names because they are not in my language Also I never did anything in JS. So I really hope that you can implement this functionality

Personally I think I wouldn't want to jump to next folder once finished reading one folder.
So, I'll add this as an option, just like the autosave feature (still un-released!).
This means, I'll add an option page like the bookmark one where you can toggle this functions!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #80
Thecamper
Thecamper began at the beginning.

Quote:
Personally I think I wouldn't want to jump to next folder once finished reading one folder.
So, I'll add this as an option, just like the autosave feature (still un-released!).
This means, I'll add an option page like the bookmark one where you can toggle this functions!
Thanks for your effort I'm looking forward to the next version
Thecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #81
Ilogis
Enthusiast
Ilogis began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecamper View Post
I think you should use a manga optimize program like Mokle to combine 10 or more chapters into 1 volume. Stop the interruption when reading and easier for organization..
Ilogis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #82
silver18
THE NOOB

Here are some new screenshots of 1.8 release.
What's new:
- buttons (thanks to Titano. BTW, I prefer first set of buttons. I'll add them to v1.8 but I'll link also second set so users can choose)
- options menu with autosave and autojump + iphone () style on-off switches
- some code improvements
- minor UI improvements
- lots of "under-the-hood" fixes and improvements in ancillaries script (rename, delete and CBZ/CBR decompress)

I'll release this new version by the end of July.

I'm still trying to bring back pinch-to-zoom...
My plan is to end the development with v2.0: it will add (in my dreams) image post processing (contrast/brightness) to make colour comics readable.
Next, I'll take my time to convert Komic to a kindlet...(but I hope Amazon improves Image Viewer in the meanwhile!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.gif
Views:	326
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	89665   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	360
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	89666   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.gif
Views:	318
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	89667   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.gif
Views:	318
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	89668   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.gif
Views:	334
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	89669   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.gif
Views:	317
Size:	22.0 KB
ID:	89670   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.gif
Views:	332
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	89671   Click image for larger version

Name:	8.gif
Views:	337
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	89672  
Old 07-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #83
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Here are some new screenshots of 1.8 release.
What's new:
- buttons (thanks to Titano. BTW, I prefer first set of buttons. I'll add them to v1.8 but I'll link also second set so users can choose)
- options menu with autosave and autojump + iphone () style on-off switches
- some code improvements
- minor UI improvements
- lots of "under-the-hood" fixes and improvements in ancillaries script (rename, delete and CBZ/CBR decompress)

I'll release this new version by the end of July.

I'm still trying to bring back pinch-to-zoom...
My plan is to end the development with v2.0: it will add (in my dreams) image post processing (contrast/brightness) to make colour comics readable.
Next, I'll take my time to convert Komic to a kindlet...(but I hope Amazon improves Image Viewer in the meanwhile!)
Looks great Silver18 (use whatever icons you want, it is after all you program), for everything you've done.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:02 PM   #84
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Well, Amazon snuck in a firmware update under my nose, but Komic v1.7 works fine with it. I only realized they updated to 5.1.2 because it rebooted when I didn't tell it to reboot.
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #85
Lord Beric
Immortal
Lord Beric began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
GREAT work mate! Im thinking on what manga to put in my KT
Lord Beric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #86
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 4
How i install this on my kindle 4 nt? I dont have the "extensions" folder in my device.
twilightsenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #87
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
How i install this on my kindle 4 nt? I dont have the "extensions" folder in my device.
Komic is for K5/KT only. I don't know what the options are for other models. Anyone?
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #88
twilightsenpai
twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.twilightsenpai got an A in P-Chem.

Device: kindle 4
I was thinking in the option that WAF Komic only works in K5. The default image viewer in K4 has very bad response viewing manga.

Is there an alternative?
twilightsenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #89
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightsenpai View Post
I was thinking in the option that WAF Komic only works in K5. The default image viewer in K4 has very bad response viewing manga.

Is there an alternative?
I think your best bet is to convert your manga using mangle, better manga converter, etc... Unless there is something like Komic for the kindle NT.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #90
ppoo
Connoisseur
ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.ppoo writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Smile Solve the problem with file name format

Solve file name troubling

Before reading with Komic, we must convert file name to format 1.jpg,2.jpg,3.jpg ...But unfortunatelly allmost comic have format like ex: Doremon_v02_001.jpg,Doremon_v02_002.jpg or Unitiled-1.jpg,Unitiled-2.jpg.
We can use rename master to change this.
-With the first pattern (Doremon_v02_001.jpg)
1. Choose 01: Remove Words/Numbers choose Remove: the Phrase and input Doremon_v02_ then click Rename button
2. Reinput Doremon_v02_0 then click Rename button
3. Reinput Doremon_v02_00 then click Rename button
4. Done
(Note with format like xxxxxx_00000001 you can do it the same, but it take more repeat to done).
-With the second pattern (Unitiled-1.jpg)
1. Choose 08: Split and move
2. Click Auto-split
3.Input Split the name ... as $2.jpg
4. Click Rename button
5. Done.

Hope this help.
ppoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
launcher add-ons