Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Kindle Fire Has an Feedback App.

I don't know if anyone as seen this but if you go into settings. you will see Help & Feedback on the menu.
Hitting it will install an app on your Fire that can be found in Apps.

There is a feedback option that let's you send feedback directly to Amazon.

Everyone please start using this feature! This is the only way we are going to get things fixed.

I've already send one about Sideloading books other then USB doesn't show up unless you Restart the device. Those who also have this issue please do the same. So they can fix it.

It only takes a moment to do this. My next one will be on the brightness and carousel.

Someone with Kids send your complaints about lack of Parental controls.

I really like this feature!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I'm going to ask for Sepia with black text! I know this'll be ignored, but it'll make me feel proactive.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I'm going to ask for Sepia with black text! I know this'll be ignored, but it'll make me feel proactive.
Seriously, of all the things we've been discussing on this board for the last three days that's the one thing you'd ask them for?

It's good to know there's a feedback app though, and I'm certainly going to make use of it.
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherman View Post
Seriously, of all the things we've been discussing on this board for the last three days that's the one thing you'd ask them for?

It's good to know there's a feedback app though, and I'm certainly going to make use of it.
Well, I know no one else probably will. So, instead of me grumbling about it, I'll ask.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well, I know no one else probably will. So, instead of me grumbling about it, I'll ask.
It's a bit buggy so before you submit your feedback you might want to copy the text so you wont have to resubmit it. That way if does get stuck you can go back and paste it instead of retyping it. You can do this with a long press on the text box then choose select all\long press again\copy.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:27 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Me too!
Old 11-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Option already there !

Quote:
Fire already has that option. Click the middle of an eBook page \ Aa. Then you are offered Black print on a white background, White print on a black background AND black print on a sepia background.

Also, from the home page click on Setting \ Brightness and adjust it to any level you want. I have mine at 40%.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:42 PM   #8
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Fire already has that option. Click the middle of an eBook page \ Aa. Then you are offered Black print on a white background, White print on a black background AND black print on a sepia background.

Also, from the home page click on Setting \ Brightness and adjust it to any level you want. I have mine at 40%.
Thank you. The Sepia doesn't have black text though. That's my issue. It's a light brown text. You really notice the brown when the brightness is up.The same as the Android app. I've looked at many apps with Sepia and the norm is black text. I don't know why they decided to get creative with it and do their own thing. Also, the Sepia's tone is lighter than what you find elsewhere (more of a yellow tinge). I can deal with it, if it had black text.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post

wow! I have mine turn all the way down. How can you read without your eyeballs burning?
Old 11-18-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
beckywc
Addict
beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beckywc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini w/Retina, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HDX 8.9, & Asus Transformer
I place a cover on my screen to help reduce the brightness, unfortunately I lost some of the clarity. But it's functional.
beckywc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 05:47 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywc View Post
I place a cover on my screen to help reduce the brightness, unfortunately I lost some of the clarity. But it's functional.
You mean a screen protector?
Old 11-18-2011, 07:11 PM   #12
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
While you're at it ask for green on black.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote