Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 06:13 AM   #91
cian
Enthusiast
cian will become famous soon enoughcian will become famous soon enoughcian will become famous soon enoughcian will become famous soon enoughcian will become famous soon enoughcian will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs505
I'm counting on the fact the e-readers are becoming more mainstream. Non techy users will have more problem with DRM than the people who know how to get rid of these. And will complain, unlike the tech-savvy people how just get rid of drm and shut-up.

I think what is more likely is that it will give Amazon a HUGE advantage over the competition. Ironically what the publishing industry are doing is making Amazon far more powerful than they already are, which is going to cause them huge problems in the future.
cian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:02 PM   #92
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I can only add my thanks as well. The fact that you have been willing to take a chance with your blog has been a significant benefit to many of us who just want the opportunity to read our books on whichever device we choose. It is definitely understandable that you sense a need to stay under the radar, so to speak.

Again, many thanks
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #93
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I would also like to add my thanks. Now I can happily support my favorite authors without having to worry that someday I might not be able to access my books.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #94
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Thanks for the easy to follow advice. It is appreciated.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:38 AM   #95
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Thanks Master Alf! You've done an incredible service to all of us fans of ebooks.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #96
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 2, Sony PRS350
So where does a NON-techy person go to try to learn how to do this????? Rats!! All the good stuff is gone before I even know it is there.
journey711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #97
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The blog is still up. Alf is not adding to it any more and is no longer associated with the website.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:18 PM   #98
FF2
Wizard
FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FF2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: WiFi Kindle3
Actually, the tools were very recently upgraded.
FF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 05:19 PM   #99
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

Alf said he handed the password to the site to someone else. (winks)

ie he retired but the site is in good hands.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM   #100
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Alf said he handed the password to the site to someone else. (winks)

ie he retired but the site is in good hands.
I believe some_updates is still doing work on the tools. I think he lives in Canada, where distributing drm removal tools isn't (yet) illegal.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:27 AM   #101
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by journey711 View Post
So where does a NON-techy person go to try to learn how to do this????? Rats!! All the good stuff is gone before I even know it is there.
Google is our friend, just ask the 'right' questions.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #102
journey711
Enthusiast
journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!journey711 , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: kindle 2, Sony PRS350
Ohhhhhh That Question!!! Thanks. Actually easier than I thought. Of course the instructions are excellent.
journey711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:44 AM   #103
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I believe some_updates is still doing work on the tools. I think he lives in Canada, where distributing drm removal tools isn't (yet) illegal.
And some_updates has just posted another bug-fix update to Apprentice Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM   #104
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And some_updates has just posted another bug-fix update to Apprentice Alf's blog.
Thanks

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #105
duhhuh58
duhhuh58 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
ok, i'm brand new and alf retires. how do i find the blog?
duhhuh58 is offline   Reply With Quote