Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
lovemov
Enthusiast
lovemov began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Color lrf books on iPad!

It's very cool to find out my black white lrf has colors on ipad. For serious reading, I think e-ink is still the way to go, however, it's nice to have same books on iPad too. But, looks like the book I bought from Sony book store will no work on iPad. Maybe a copy right thingy.
lovemov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
It's very cool to find out my black white lrf has colors on ipad
Quote:
But, looks like the book I bought from Sony book store will no work on iPad. Maybe a copy right thingy.
If LRF has colours in iPad
Then the book I bought from Sony book store will work on iPad, otherwise how do you know the LRF has colours on iPad?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:23 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
LRF books are no longer available from Sony, only epub.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Do they have colors in Sony Library?
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
LRF books are no longer available from Sony, only epub.
Sony have never sold LRF books; their DRM format had a ".LRX" extension. LRF books are DRM-free.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
Do they have colors in Sony Library?
Yes. Take a look, for example, at my illustrated Jane Austen novels, available for download here at MR. They have nice colour illustrations.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #7
lovemov
Enthusiast
lovemov began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes. Take a look, for example, at my illustrated Jane Austen novels, available for download here at MR. They have nice colour illustrations.
Yes, yes!
I use an App namde united reader on iPad, $0.99, , it's a nice fast pdf/text reader, now supports native lrf. I hate coverting, keep too many copies of same books is pain. I only have Sony reader and iPad(sold my Kindle), so lrf and pdf are major formats for me.
lovemov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM   #8
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, they look very nice on the little Archos 7 HT I bought just for this purpose - to be able to see color pictures in certain books. Usually biographies and such. It was great to see the 'Illustrated' note on the JA books when I was browsing the MR bookstore. So nice, Harry.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemov View Post
Yes, yes!
I use an App namde united reader on iPad, $0.99, , it's a nice fast pdf/text reader, now supports native lrf. I hate converting, keep too many copies of same books is pain. I only have Sony reader and iPad(sold my Kindle), so lrf and pdf are major formats for me.
Can you show a screen shot of an LRF eBook please?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote