Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-04-2023, 03:45 PM   #1
Iwfcyb
Iwfcyb began at the beginning.

Device: Aireader
Unhappy Add new fonts to AIReader?

So I'm finally getting around to trying some new readers, and I've had mixed results so far. However, I'm really liking AIReader, except that unlike every other app, I can't seem to figure out where to manually add my .ttf files to expand the font options. I attached a screenshots of the file tree inside AIReader, and I've combed through it with a fine toothed comb, including hidden files. No luck. I'm guessing it pulls fonts from some other directory in the phone, but I can't find out for the life of me where.

Anyone had any success is getting this to work?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230204_122630_Solid Explorer.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	199462  
Iwfcyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 04:33 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
This works for me:
  • Create a folder at the base of your internal memory called "fonts"--all lower-case--if it doesn't exist.
  • Put any desired fonts in it,
  • Force close Alreader (go to the "App" settings to do this)
  • Open Alreader again. The fonts in the "fonts" folder should be available in Alreader.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2023, 05:10 PM   #3
Iwfcyb
Iwfcyb began at the beginning.

Device: Aireader
Thumbs up

Well holy crap that was easy. Once I took the 20 seconds it took to do that, I started to wonder why I couldn't find info that simple online no matter how hard I looked. Then I realized almost nobody reads books anymore.... If I would have been looking to fix a problem related to Netflix, I probably would have had 419,854 hits on my first search. Lol

Thanks man! That did it. Appreciate the help.
Iwfcyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aireader, files, font