Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 01-06-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
spetey
spetey began at the beginning.

Device: cross-platform
automatic hyphens at end of line show up as boxes

Hi Calibre folks! I'm such a big fan of this work and have supported it financially in the past. Someday I hope even to contribute code! I have a lot to learn before I can do that, though.

Meanwhile, a puzzle: I have an epub book that somehow gets dynamically hyphenated in the viewer, even though the underlying xhtml file has no such hyphens. I guess this is from css? I didn't know it could do that.

But my main problem is that the dynamic hyphens show up as boxes, not hyphens. I suppose this is a font issue of some kind, but I'm not sure how to fix it, and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
spetey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 10:43 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/1954714
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2022, 12:46 AM   #3
spetey
spetey began at the beginning.

Device: cross-platform
Wow amazing, fixed just like that! I did look around for other posts etc. but didn't see this bug report. Thank you!
spetey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, font, viewer