Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #1
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Sony eLibrary Installation Crap-out on Win Server 2008

Hey all ---

I've read the thread about installation problems on Vista. I've got a similar problem now that I've changed over to Windows Server 2008. The Sony library installation seems to go well, but when I try to start the program it immediately dies on the vine --- a quiet, hidden death with no remnants visible in task manager.

I am running as Administrator --- it makes no difference. Anybody got any ideas of what is going on or things to try? I'm game...

Tim

P.S.: Calibre, as always, is working perfectly. Thank God for kovid...
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
I've read the thread about installation problems on Vista. I've got a similar problem now that I've changed over to Windows Server 2008. The Sony library installation seems to go well, but when I try to start the program it immediately dies on the vine --- a quiet, hidden death with no remnants visible in task manager.
It could be DEP or it could be that you have to delete some folders... there is another thread on the folders to delete.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #3
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Thanks, Bob

Turning off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for the eBook Library software did the trick! Now I've got access to all my Sony lrx files again and don't have to fret about how to break some sort of unbreakable DRM.

Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote