Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
hakelm
hakelm began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
Converting PDF to EPUB

I am trying to convert my morning newspaper that I get in pdf to EPUB so I can view it with eink in the morning sunshine.
The problem is that Calibre insists on that the file is DRM-protected something that simply not is true. The Acrobat security property sheet of the file says that there is no security and that everything is allowed.
What can I do?
Håkan
hakelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:35 PM   #2
hakelm
hakelm began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
It seems to be something particular with the first file I tested. I tried another issue without problems. The result, however, is a mess (cocktail may be a better word). Pieces from different articles are mixed together, sentences are broken and formatting is random.
I believe I will have to find something better for my morning paper. Are there any megasize eink tablets around?
H
hakelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Most e-readers will read PDF files. If yours doesn't, I would say don't bother converting. Especially not a complex, multi-column PDF. Just export it as PNG images and be done with it. I'm sure your device will have no problem displaying those.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, drm, epub, pdf