Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 07:32 PM   #1
Keltari
Keltari began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
question on custom fields

I have several series of books that are a part of a larger series. Calibre doesnt appear to support this function, so I created a custom field, called "Meta Series" as 'text column for keeping series like information.' I chose that as that way I keep keep track of the order in which the sub series came out. My issue is when looking at the meta information on the right panel, it says 'Meta Series: Book III of Shannara' It shouldnt say "book," it should say 'Series' and I would prefer not to use Roman Numerals. Is this modifiable?

It is not uncommon for series of books to be a part of a larger series, having this built into Calibre would be nice.
Keltari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltari View Post
I would prefer not to use Roman Numerals. Is this modifiable?
Yes, go to Preferences - Look and Feel - Book details tab - Uncheck Use Roman numerals for series.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 12:06 AM   #3
Keltari

Ah found it. Thanks. Any thoughts on my issue with changing book to series?
Old 08-26-2011, 01:50 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Ah found it. Thanks. Any thoughts on my issue with changing book to series?
Since a series is most commonly made up of books instead of other series, it's named book. I don't believe it's possible to change that without modifying the source code.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 01:18 PM   #5
Keltari

Thats to bad. I dont really want to keep a repository just to change one word.
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
I dont really want to keep a repository just to change one word.
Calibre is designed to run easily from code. I've been doing it for nearly two years. Updates are faster and all it really takes is setting an environment variable and grabbing the code.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote