Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: WHAT DEVICE HAVE YOU BOUGHT *THIS* YEAR?
Kindle 230 35.49%
Sony 210 32.41%
Nook 77 11.88%
Kobo 70 10.80%
Backlit LED (incl iPad) 108 16.67%
Other 104 16.05%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 648. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2010, 05:42 PM   #31
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Leung View Post
I bought multiple devices this year, but can vote only once.
I bought the nook and color nook this year.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:48 PM   #32
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I voted but then I thought "This matters why?"
Well, we have had polls in the past that mattered a lot less then this one.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:52 PM   #33
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, we have had polls in the past that mattered a lot less then this one.
That's not an answer, just an observation.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
That's not an answer, just an observation.
Yep, it is not an answer. But this is MR. Do we need a reason?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM   #35
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yep, it is not an answer. But this is MR. Do we need a reason?
I would "like" one, that's why I asked (of myself but I would really like to know).
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:03 PM   #36
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I've bought several devices including Kindles, Sonys and a Kobo and have sold all but the Kindles.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:12 AM   #37
keeska
Connoisseur
keeska has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony T1, Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD, Samsung Note 3
I bought two Kindles this year - a Kindle DXG and a Kindle 3 which my wife uses but can only vote once for kindle. Can a moderator add a vote for Kindle, please.
keeska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:46 AM   #38
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Picked up a Kindle 3 WiFi this week despite my better judgment.

Actually, my initial impressions are quite positive. I can't buy books from Amazon with it at the moment, but my 6" PDFs look far nicer on it than they did on my old Sony. Certainly not perfect, but not bad at all for the price. Now I just need a case for it.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:25 AM   #39
Seanette
Addict
Seanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-booksSeanette has learned how to read e-books

Device: Samsung Galaxy s3 (Android 4.4.2), iPad 2, Win10 laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
***My iPod Touch isn't a "dedicated device", but one of its major functions for me is e-books***

Then go for 'other', Seanette. We can discuss the reasons why (multi-functional, etc) later. Thanks. Neil
A mod may have to adjust my vote. I chose "backlit LED" because one of the listed examples was an iPad and I'm not clear that there's a huge difference between the iTouch and the iPad except for size.
Seanette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:30 AM   #40
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I would "like" one, that's why I asked (of myself but I would really like to know).
For the halibut?
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:37 AM   #41
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
I bought a Sony PRS-300 a kindle 3 and an iPhone 4 this year.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:13 PM   #42
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Why's everybody saying they can only select one? I checked two and my vote(s) went through just fine. I guess the problem may be if you clicked one and hit "Vote" you can't go back?

Anyway, I bought a Sony Touch in the Spring and am awaiting the arrival of my Kindle DXG *any minute*.

I plan to use the Sony for Overdrive library books, recipes and knitting patterns (more portable and can take notes on PDF's), and the DX for scientific journal articles, periodicals, and probably most of my Public Domain reading assuming I strongly prefer the display over the Sony.
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:18 PM   #43
Maggie Leung
Wizard
Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.Maggie Leung beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
***I bought multiple devices this year, but can vote only once***

I enabled 'multiple choices', Maggie. Just checked and, right enough, the poll should allow you to check as many boxes as you like. I can't vote myself to make sure because I've not bought a new device this year, but if the problem does exist, perhaps one of our fine mods would take a look. Cheers. Neil
Thanks, Neil. I should've been clearer. I bought multiple LCD devices, but can check that box only once.
Maggie Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #44
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
None (No devices) bought this year is not available for me to tick.

I buy things to last, not fad devices.

I plan on using my(purchased last year) EZReader Pocket pro, until it drops dead. I will replace batteries if still reasonably priced (including delivery).
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #45
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
I bought both an iPad and an iPod Touch this year, neither specifically for reading, and I do some reading on my iPod but it is not my primary reader.

Should I check "LCD device" even though the purchase intent was not reading? I didn't even try to read on it until after the iBooks app came out, which was several months after I bought it. I'm thinking that for your poll intent, I should just not vote, since it is not even close to being a dedicated reader for me.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote