Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 04-15-2010, 12:32 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Coolreader 3 and hyperlinks and chapters

Can anyone tell me how Coolreader works with regard to hyperlinks. I am reading an ePub book that has a Table of Contents/chapters set out as hyperlinks. How do I use them (buttons to press etc)?

Is there any other mechanism used for chapters in ebooks? It's an area I have not paid too much attention to so far. Do any formats actually have chapters as metadata, other than PDF, which I know can certainly have them?
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
Can anyone tell me how Coolreader works with regard to hyperlinks. I am reading an ePub book that has a Table of Contents/chapters set out as hyperlinks. How do I use them (buttons to press etc)?

Is there any other mechanism used for chapters in ebooks? It's an area I have not paid too much attention to so far. Do any formats actually have chapters as metadata, other than PDF, which I know can certainly have them?
CoolReader is supposed to support hyperlinks inside the book but there may be a bug in how this is implemented. I am trying to get to the bottom of this. CoolReader uses the Goto function to support TOC on some formats that have TOC. It displays the page number next to the TOC entry and you type in the page number and hit OK to go to that page.

Outside of TOC some formats have TOC and some do not. ePUB has TOC and even multilevel TOC as does PDF. Use the 7 key to access it. Mobi has TOC although it works by referencing hyperlinks in the file, DOC has TOC support. I am not sure about some of the others.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I haven't noticed a page number next to the TOC in the books I have been reading, but it may be just a set of hyperlinks. I will try the 7 key.

Thanks for the info. I will experiment.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #4
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Can you read DRM'd epubs in CoolReader? I've got a DRM'd epub that I have trouble with the hyperlinks, but I am wondering if CoolReader would work better...
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #5
jusmee
Wizard

I am sure you need to remove the DRM to let Coolreader read it. I am reading non-DRM books at the moment.
Advert
Old 04-15-2010, 07:07 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
I am sure you need to remove the DRM to let Coolreader read it. I am reading non-DRM books at the moment.
You cannot have ePub with DRM and Mobipocket with DRM on the same reader. Mobipocket will not allow this.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote