Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
joeindallas
Enthusiast
joeindallas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Content Server and Port Forwarding with FIOS

Does anyone have a pointer for me for setting up Content Server and Port Forwarding on a Westell (Fios-provided router). I search the forums and found the valuable pointer to portforward.com, but no luck with those instructions. The issue - the content server starts fine, works on the internal address. If I try using the public ip address on the same machine (still on lan) or from any remote machine, I get the remote admin page of the router (scary since I've explicitly turned off remote administration - i'm wondering if this is Fios/big-brother forcing it on). This is using the default port. If I try using an obscure/unused port, I get unable to connect. I've tried port forwarding, and I even stuck that box in the DMZ (for testing purposes) and left it wide open, but same behavior.

Thanks for any pointers.
joeindallas is offline   Reply With Quote