Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
mikem
mikem began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Hi from Ireland

Hi all I'm a very recent Sony Reader owner - very happy with it so far.

I've got too many books stashed around my house so I'm hoping this will let me embrace ebooks.

I've been looking around for a nice way of indexing ebooks but I haven't come across anything nice (boo!)? So I've got this vague idea in my head of coding one, though my head is filled with way too many vague ideas at the best of times.

If anyone knows where I can buy an ebook version of Janet Jacobs "The Death and Life of Great American Cities" I'd love to know. I really don't want to chop my physical copy up and scan it!
mikem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Hey, mikem, welcome to MobileRead! Now that you've got your new toy, you can add yourself on our running count, and stick yourself a pin in the map!

You'll find quite a lot of info around here. For instance, this thread discusses a tool that might be helpful for scanning existing p-books.

There are a number discussions around about organizing content, but they can be a bit tough to find as they tend to crop up in threads on other topics. If you're interested in making a tool, that would be very well received, I expect.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert