Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #1
rpgmaker
Connoisseur
rpgmaker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
"Progress bar" hacks?

Good morning everyone!

I'm looking for hacks to the progress bar but it seems that most of them are to hide the progress bar, something that seems to be included in my Kindle by default. The "Time left in chapter" is great in theory but it is not absolute and that is more of a problem than I'd thought it'd be. People, after some time with a specific reader configuration, do their own estimates about how much time they have left on a chapter or how much it takes them to read a certain number of "pages" if they know where they are and where is the next chapter.

Is there a way to show how much "pages" or "locations" are left until the next chapter, or just show the current location next to the next chapter location on the progress area? I don't think it's very informative to just show the location you're on without showing where the next chapter is since whatever informational value your current location has is in relation to the next chapter/section, which most readers use as anchors around which to organize their reading time.

Thanks in advance.
rpgmaker is offline   Reply With Quote