Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2011, 12:29 PM   #16
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
fanatic is another word that I don't like.
DrDln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDln View Post
fanatic is another word that I don't like.
The word or the sort of individual it describes?
Advert
Old 12-21-2011, 11:34 PM   #18
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
there are so many...

genre

woman (as an adjective)

brought (as past tense of buy)

loose (then it was lost)
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #19
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
there are so many...

genre

woman (as an adjective)

brought (as past tense of buy)

loose (then it was lost)
Not sure what you have against genre. As for the others, I understand you not liking when people play fast and loose with the English language.

Another of my choices is over use of the word paradigm.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #20
DrDln
Banned
DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrDln ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I dislike the term "illegal alien". The last time I checked, all humans came from this planet.
Unfortunately we have divided the planet. Most of the labels and divisions are due to selfish reasons. So selfish is another word which is not my favorite.
Advert
Old 12-22-2011, 03:34 PM   #21
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDln View Post
Unfortunately we have divided the planet. Most of the labels and divisions are due to selfish reasons. So selfish is another word which is not my favorite.
I agree!!

Harassment where the emphasis sounds like "Hairassment" vs the emphisis being "Harassment". Many news anchors use the first pronunciation, for some reason.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 PM   #22
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I agree!!

Harassment where the emphasis sounds like "Hairassment" vs the emphisis being "Harassment". Many news anchors use the first pronunciation, for some reason.
This reminds me of something funny from the first job I had after completing undergraduate college. I took a position located in a very small town in South Carolina. The local television was often a real hoot. Things like commercials from local furniture stores with lines like “A real bargain on a complete bedroom suit.” Even the local news would come out with national news items like something that happened in San Jose, California; pronounced by the news person “San Joe-zee.”
Old 12-22-2011, 05:16 PM   #23
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
This reminds me of something funny from the first job I had after completing undergraduate college. I took a position located in a very small town in South Carolina. The local television was often a real hoot. Things like commercials from local furniture stores with lines like “A real bargain on a complete bedroom suit.” Even the local news would come out with national news items like something that happened in San Jose, California; pronounced by the news person “San Joe-zee.”
I think I would die from either grief or laughter.

The phrase I hated most when I lived in Texas, was "Might Could" - as in : "We might could go to the store." or "I might could do that."

Every time I heard it I wanted to just run away screaming "Aaaaarrrgggg!!!!!!!!" with my hands over my ears.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 12:55 PM   #24
DrDln
Banned

cruelty of any kind I dislike.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM   #25
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
Literally

It is so misused: "I literally have a million things to do today", etc. I hear this word used in this manner so often the word has lost it's meaning...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:13 PM   #26
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyGuy View Post
Literally

It is so misused: "I literally figuratively have a million things to do today", etc. I hear this word used in this manner so often the word has lost it's meaning...
Fixed that for you.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:24 PM   #27
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

horrific!

I broke a nail and it was horrific!
Old 12-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #28
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
"organic"

I hate over used buzz words and this one seems to be getting a lot of play lately.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM   #29
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
marketing

part of the reason for buzz words to be overused
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:17 AM   #30
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

organic marketing .... outcomes!