Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #1
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Do you have problems with you Vox library?

I'm missing 73 books in my Vox library do you have missing books too?
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #2
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Are those books in your online Kobo library? What file type are the missing ones?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2011, 03:41 PM   #3
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes they are books that I bought on the Kobo store. They are Kobo epubs I guess
Old 11-08-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
moolyn
Rookie eBookie
moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moolyn once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPod Touch, Kobo Touch, iPad3
I noticed that I was missing a book and inserted my SD card to sideload it again. It turned out that 40 books had disappeared! Fortunately they were on my SD card too and are all back on my bookshelves now but it's very strange and rather disconcerting that this would happen!
moolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #5
estelle58
Cat lover

And the funny thing is they are in my library on my iPhone but not on my Vox and that's the same library and the same account
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 09:43 AM   #6
estelle58
Cat lover

Still not fixed this morning
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
blacknirvana
Connoisseur
blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.blacknirvana could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Vox
Can you see them when you log into Kobobooks.com?
blacknirvana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:03 AM   #8
estelle58
Cat lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknirvana View Post
Can you see them when you log into Kobobooks.com?
When I go to my purchased list it says 193 books on page 1 but when I get to page 2 it says only 120 books
Old 11-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #9
estelle58
Cat lover

James (KoboJW) can you help me with that problem?
Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #10
estelle58
Cat lover

Everything seems ok now
Old 11-11-2011, 01:54 PM   #11
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
They fixed a problem with the server that affected some users, but not most (it seems).
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:29 PM   #12
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by moolyn View Post
I noticed that I was missing a book and inserted my SD card to sideload it again. It turned out that 40 books had disappeared! Fortunately they were on my SD card too and are all back on my bookshelves now but it's very strange and rather disconcerting that this would happen!
-----------------------------------------------------

It seems that if you do not dismount your Vox with the dismount app within Windows, and then, and only then...tap the USB Disconnect button on the Vox, you can run the risk of library corruption and other nasty events. One of the events listed on the Kobo site, is the loss of books and/or general library corruption on your Vox.

The proper computer/Vox USB connection sequence is as follows:

1. Hook up the USB cable that came with your Vox, by first attaching it to your reader, and then putting the computer end into said computer.
2. Tap the USB connect to start the link to your computer
3. When finished with your Computer/Vox session, first dismount your Vox from your computer, and then press the disconnect USB on the Vox screen.
5. Remove the USB micro cable from your computer's USB port, and then remove same from the Vox USB port.

If you follow this sequence each time, there will be no file corruption upon your Vox.

Cheers!
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #13
estelle58
Cat lover

The problems that I had last week where from the Kobo server problems since I never plugged my Vox to my computer
Old 11-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #14
estelle58
Cat lover

Finally had a response to my email to customer care today. They told me to do a factory reset on my Vox
Old 11-15-2011, 11:31 AM   #15
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
One of my concerns with the Vox has been that Level 1 support would use a factory reset as their go-to advice. It sorts out problems with the device from problems with apps that the user may have added in, of course, but it is also very much like the techs that are constantly telling folks they need to reinstall windows because they can't/don't want to break a sweat looking for the real problem.

In this instance, it sure seems that level one support staff should all have known that there was a server issue that has since been resolved.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote