Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #421
zelda.owns.link
Evangelist
zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda.owns.link ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
One Million Award

Does anyone know if the one millionth award went out? I have tried Googling it, but can't find anything.
zelda.owns.link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:27 AM   #422
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
Hi Zelda.owns.link, as far as I understand the "one milionth award" is now an old absolute award and yes it went out (to more than one person I believe), but this was way back and it is no longer obtainable.

If you would read all the posts in this thread, as far as I can recall that is, the award is mentioned and confirmed to been given out and not only to the milionth person but everybody around at that time, the confirmation is given by someone that works at Kobo so it seems legit.

But this is my recollection so it is possible that I'm wrong abouth where I got the information and/or to how many people got it, but I'm shure about the fact that it went out.

hope this awsers your question :-)
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 09:12 AM   #423
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiborSypher View Post
Hi Zelda.owns.link, as far as I understand the "one milionth award" is now an old absolute award and yes it went out (to more than one person I believe), but this was way back and it is no longer obtainable.

If you would read all the posts in this thread, as far as I can recall that is, the award is mentioned and confirmed to been given out and not only to the milionth person but everybody around at that time, the confirmation is given by someone that works at Kobo so it seems legit.

But this is my recollection so it is possible that I'm wrong abouth where I got the information and/or to how many people got it, but I'm shure about the fact that it went out.

hope this awsers your question :-)
You're correct about the award. It is now obsolete and can no longer be achieved. It was given to every user who happened to run the app between a specific range of dates, and it was to celebrate our millionth user of Kobo.
There are a few other awards, specifically the 2010 / 2011 Holiday / New Year awards that can no longer be achieved either.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #424
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo Touch, a dead Kobo Aura HD, and a dead Kobo Wifi
I just got the Kobo Aura. All my awards from my Touch transferred over when i sync'd for the first time. Does anyone know if they are going to offer any new awards with either my Touch or Aura?
beckybug3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:07 PM   #425
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I also just got the Kobo Aura, I saw that Awards sync'd with my account, but when I went to the Kobobooks site and logged in, I could not actually *SEE* what awards I'd won, there was just a number equivalent to the number of awards I'd gotten on the reader device.

Is there any way to see the individual badges I've earned on the Kobo site or is that limited to the reader device?
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #426
beckybug3
Enthusiast
beckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankindbeckybug3 has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

If you go to kobo.com you can see a generic list, but you can only see the ones you have won on your device.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:01 AM   #427
NiborSypher
NiborSypher began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4S
Hi, Graycyn,
Beckybug3 is right you cannot see your awards outside your device's, My frustration about that made me compile my list as far as I know this list is the most complete one around. (you can find the link below)

And Beckybug3,
After some contact with heavy users/readers, I pretty convinced there are no more awards out there other than those mentioned in this list at this moment.

There is no way to say this with absolute surety, but it looks like there are no plans at Kobo to release new ones in the near future.
NiborSypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #428
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I saw the generic list, and the number of awards I'd gotten on the site and was just wondering if I'd missed a way to see the specific list. Guess not!

Not a big deal, it's kind of fun getting the rewards, but it's nothing seriously important to me, so I can live with them not being listed on the site.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #429
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
You can view some of the awards here. It does not mention how you get them though. My guess is that some of the awards are not listed there.

Part of the reason is that this was seen to be a "game", you had to do certain things to get an award.

The list NiborSypher has is basically the complete list as it stands right now.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #430
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Is the award for logging into your Kobo account (the one with the lips) broken? Or am I just not logging in correctly?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #431
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think that one has been broken for a very long time!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 PM   #432
graycyn
Wizard

I earned something like 20 of the awards in the first few weeks I had the Aura. They aren't very challenging. I wasn't trying to earn any, it just happened. But unless they come up with more to earn (that don't involve Facebook), it's kind of a useless feature now.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:41 PM   #433
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
I earned something like 20 of the awards in the first few weeks I had the Aura. They aren't very challenging. I wasn't trying to earn any, it just happened. But unless they come up with more to earn (that don't involve Facebook), it's kind of a useless feature now.
It was pretty much a useless feature when I first ran Kobo's Reading Awards.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #434
graycyn
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It was pretty much a useless feature when I first ran Kobo's Reading Awards.

Regards,
David
Yeah, I agree, though it was kind of fun at first seeing the rewards pop up. But then it got annoying to dismiss them.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #435
beckybug3
Enthusiast

I enjoyed getting the awards. But since they haven't added any for a REALLY long time, I guess they decided it wasn't a selling point.

Tags
awards, reading life, touch