Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
bobthesane
bobthesane began at the beginning.

Device: entourage pocket edge
So apparently I've done the impossible...

Based on everything I've read, the PE is not supposed to run Hulu+, correct?

I am currently watching the season premier of Glee on Hulu+, on my PE. And I have *no clue* how I got it to work. I bumbled around and apparently found the magic button, but don't know what it was. When I tried to use Titanium Backup to copy it from my PE to my wife's, it didn't work. Whatever mojo mine spontaneously spewed forth to make H+ work doesn't exist on my wife's.

If anyone is interested in looking at my specs/logs/whatever, I am more than happy to send them along for the good of the community. If we can get H+ working for everyone that's just one more bit of awesomeness for these little things. Just tell me what you want to see, as I'm a rank novice with these particular machines.
bobthesane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Congrats!!! That is sure to spark mucho interest here! I'll be reading along, even though I'm sure most of it will be Greek to me!
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 12:23 PM   #3
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
For starter why don't you describe exactly what you're doing: you open browser or some app, what browser, hit what, ...
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
bobthesane

Um, I open the hulu+ app. I search for 'glee' (or any other show I know they have on there). I hit play. It plays. I am entertained

Seriously, the player *works*. I don't know how or why, but it does, and I have no idea how I got it to do so.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bob - you've probably posted the info before, but just out of curiosity...what software version are you on? Is your PE rooted/non-rooted?

This is exciting, indeed!
Advert
Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
ptsenter
Addict
ptsenter has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo eReader Wireless
Why don't you post a link for the app?
ptsenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
bobthesane

a link to the standard hulu+ app? I had to pull it off my phone (because I have never been able to get the android market to work), but I originally downloaded it from the market:

https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

I am running a rooted ermine 1.01.002 install on my PE.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:00 PM   #8
DianNC
Banned

Hulu+ has a one week free trial offer. If I could download the app, I'd try it out for sure!
Old 09-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
DianNC
Banned

Oh. OK. Nevermind
Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
bobthesane

GOT IT!!

You have to try to install the flash player 10.3 APK. Yes, it will fail. That doesn't seem to matter, whatever it does before the installer bombs out apparently clicks something to make the hulu player function. I just did it on my wife's PE and it worked. Happy day
Old 09-24-2011, 02:39 PM   #11
DianNC
Banned

Awesomeness X2!! I may get brave one of these days and try the root thing.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:43 PM   #12
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
What version Hulu apk are you running? I tried version 1.0.116 with no luck. However, the latest version on the Android market is 1.0.139 and this could be why I couldn't get it to work. Either that or it's because my PE isn't rooted and is running Ermine 0.9.

I installed Hulu Plus and then Flash Player 10.3 (which of course fails) in that order, and then uninstalled Hulu + and tried to install Flash Player 10.3 first and then Hulu + and still no luck.

Hulu +

http://www.4shared.com/file/wwEtoWz5...94d067c4c.html

FlashPlayer 10.3:

http://www.4shared.com/file/V46pPNrX...layer_103.html

Last edited by obsessed2; 09-24-2011 at 03:09 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 04:50 PM   #13
bobthesane

The version I have is 1.0.124, and I copied it onto my wife's PE with titanium backup. I believe this is the APK I used, maybe it will work for you.
Attached Files
File Type: gz com.hulu.plus-be5decc499e2363c66cd08cd85754c9c.apk.gz (4.69 MB, 214 views)
Old 09-24-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Unfortunately, no luck. It keeps telling me my device is not supported. Did you by chance change a property that identifies the device?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 11:28 PM   #15
bobthesane

You know, I did. In my attempts to get the market working, I altered /system/build.prop to have the following line:

ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2/FRF91/43546:user/release-keys

in place of the existing fingerprint line (instructions found here)