Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 10-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
NewDay
Connoisseur
NewDay doesn't litterNewDay doesn't litter

Device: iPad
error message: ERROR ITMS-4099: "Invalid ISBN: [#] at Book (MZItmspBookPac

Wha? Can anyone help me with this? I'm good to go on my upload to Apple except for this last-minute glitch. *confused*
ERROR ITMS-4099: "Invalid ISBN: 9780939837994" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
NewDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
I'm pretty sure you have the 10 digit ISBN number instead of the 13 digit, try changing to last digit 4 to a 1
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
NewDay
Connoisseur

Thanks, Adjust. I think what happened was that the new 13-digit epub ISBN had not yet been posted to Bowkers, so when iTunes Producer ran a check it naturally came up empty-handed. I tested the premise with an author who had already posted their epub ISBNs to Bowker, and it came back clean, posting to iBooks without a hitch. So now I'm waiting for our newly-posted epub ISBNs to clear Bowker's database and get posted to the public (they say this takes one to three business days).
Old 10-07-2010, 01:47 PM   #4
NewDay
Connoisseur

That's what it was, all right. ISBNs have to already be online with Bowkers in order for iTune Producer to read and validate them. No more error message, hooray!