Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #16
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: None
21GB? All free? that is more than the storage of my old laptop. haha

I am referring a lot of people, but a lot of people already have it so I am out of luck
Delotte231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
I am referring a lot of people, but a lot of people already have it so I am out of luck
Add the referral link to your signature. I've gotten a bunch of referrals ever since I did that.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:54 PM   #18
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Add the referral link to your signature. I've gotten a bunch of referrals ever since I did that.
Lucky! I've been promoting to the wrong people I guess. I had it during the beta when it was invite only and still only have 2.75G total. ah well. I'll add it to my sig, too.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:44 PM   #19
cms
cms began at the beginning.

Device: none
Can Dropbox be installed on any e-reader that comes with an internet browser? How would I know that a particular model supports this feature?
cms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #20
Delotte231
Connoisseur
Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Delotte231 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

I did just that... plus a special thanks to ilovejedd!

edit: err.. I did put it in, saved it an and all, but the sig is not showing. >_<

Last edited by Delotte231; 07-14-2012 at 02:28 PM. Reason: no signature?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #21
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms View Post
Can Dropbox be installed on any e-reader that comes with an internet browser? How would I know that a particular model supports this feature?
Dropbox is installed in an application. There are apps for computers (mac, pc and linux), for iOS and Android (probably Blackberry too but I don't know). It not available for ereaders as such but if you have a web browser which can access dropbox, and you can download within the browser, in theory at least, you should be able to access your books that way.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delotte231 View Post
I did just that... plus a special thanks to ilovejedd!

edit: err.. I did put it in, saved it an and all, but the sig is not showing. >_<
When you post, do you have the "Show your signature" checked in Miscellaneous Options?
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:59 PM   #23
Delotte231
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
When you post, do you have the "Show your signature" checked in Miscellaneous Options?
It's working now! I guess it just needed some time to kick in after I saved it. Thanks once again!

P.S. I did have that box checked before.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:12 AM   #24
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
Dropbox has ceased to be supported on iphone 3g for the past month. I can't access my Calibre library or OPDS2 catalogue on my phone now. I've reinstalling an older version of the Dropbox app, but that didn't work. Has anybody else had this problem and found a way around it?
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
I just looked and DropBox is still on my iPhone 4S I haven't updated to the newest iOS, though.

Anyone else not able to access their DropBox account from their iPhone? If so, what version of iOS are you running?
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:15 AM   #26
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
By the way, as to that SugarSync bug of being unable to open EPUB files directly from it, I've been reporting this bug to SugarSync support since April 2012, but it still isn't resolved (on iOS 5). So what I do is, in SugarSync app I copy the link to the EPUB file, then open the link in Safari.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #27
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
I just looked and DropBox is still on my iPhone 4S I haven't updated to the newest iOS, though.

Anyone else not able to access their DropBox account from their iPhone? If so, what version of iOS are you running?
I am able to access Dropbox. iPhone 4S running iOS 6.0.1.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:53 AM   #28
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thumbs down

Dropbox support seems atrocious, though. Is anyone able to access their support in any way? Maybe they don't feel obliged to provide it for their free users. I also lost access to posting in their user forums (conveniently hidden from Dropbox's main site), it says I must first "verify my email address" (although it was verified years ago), but there actually seems no way to verify it (no way to send the verification email to yourself).

To sum up my experience: Dropbox offers superb, if sometimes buggy* software products, best in their class, but beware if anything goes wrong... I feel very uncomfortable about being unable to reach their tech support.

*the Camera Upload in the Dropbox app for iOS has been buggy on my iDevices ever since it was released, app reinstalls did not fix that, and tech support can't be reached for assistance
Old 12-17-2012, 01:08 PM   #29
Rachel
Zealot
Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rachel has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: sony prs505, kindle, ithing
The problem is with iphone 3G which cannot be upgraded beyond ios 4.2.1 - and Dropbox have ceased supporting this. There was no warning that I am aware of, suddenly my app ceased to work and then I found I couldn't access my library through Stanza anymore. Generally my phone is sufficient for my needs as I have an ipad, so I don't want to spend hundreds of pounds upgrading.
I'm now trying to find out if Stanza will work with Box in the same way.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:41 AM   #30
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Dropbox support seems atrocious, though. Is anyone able to access their support in any way?
Just an update on this... After a few days, I got an automated reply from Dropbox support to the query I submitted via a form on their site.

The automated reply does not address the issue I wrote about, and instead apologizes for Dropbox support being overwhelmed by support requests at this time, and that I might get a better chance at a specific reply if I purchased a paid Dropbox subscription.

I'm now no longer surprised the link to Dropbox forums appears to be a secret, and that even I who have posted to Dropbox forums in the past and know the URL to Dropbox forums (you can also find it via Google), am blocked from posting to the forums these days, and there appears to be no way to "verify my email address" (already verified years ago) so that I could post to Dropbox forums again.

So, there you have it. Dropbox is a fantastic service, but beware if anything goes wrong, such as the Camera Upload feature on all my iOS devices. It seems you're then pretty much left on your own to deal with the issue.

Meanwhile, SugarSync support wrote to me they still have no fix for the failure to open EPUB files in non-default apps from the SugarSync app on iOS 5, but that unlike the last two times, they would keep the current support ticket open, instead of just closing it after a few weeks and marking it "Resolved", without the issue being resolved.

I'm certainly not complaining about Dropbox and SugarSync, although it may seem that way. They are both fantastic services, and I'm a free user, so what is there to complain of? The trouble is, that spotty user experience as free users is unlikely to inspire people to upgrade to paid plans, which should be these companies' priority.