Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast
TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: Kindle
Free Epic Fantasy Book for Kindle - SWORD BEARER

Hi, my name is Teddy Jacobs, and I’m writing because my Epic Fantasy novel for all ages for the Kindle, SWORD BEARER, is free again today. (July 20th).

Maybe you could spread the word?

Here’s the pitch:

You swing a staff until you're ready to swing a sword. Then you go on all kinds of adventures -- fighting monsters, casting spells and saving damsels in distress. At least that's how it's supposed to work, but I didn't believe a word of it.

Fantasy Adventure Ages 10 to Adult.

Two forms of power -- natural and chemical - divide the world. Dragons, who keep the chemical power in check, have long retreated from human sight; few still believe in them. Inside a castle surrounded by Tuscan hills more and more threatened by chemical forces, sixteen-year-old Anders lives a sheltered life. But much as his parents try, Anders can't avoid the forces that threaten...

Amazon USA:
http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Bearer-R...dp/B006XXHQLY/

Not free at Amazon UK (feel free to try and price match it to free with iTunes):
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Bearer...dp/B006XXHQLY/

Free at iTunes USA:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/swor...44781616?mt=11

At iTunes UK:
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/swor...44781616?mt=11

Also free on Kobo:
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Sword...7-tcyKC9wA&r=1

And on Smashwords:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/204503

Best,

Teddy Jacobs

Last edited by TeddyJacobs; 07-20-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: updated date of free
TeddyJacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast
TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.TeddyJacobs has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Hi, my name is Teddy Jacobs, and I’m writing because my Epic Fantasy novel for all ages for the Kindle, SWORD BEARER, is free again today. (May 24th, 2012).

Maybe you could spread the word?

Here’s the pitch:

You swing a staff until you're ready to swing a sword. Then you go on all kinds of adventures -- fighting monsters, casting spells and saving damsels in distress. At least that's how it's supposed to work, but I didn't believe a word of it.

Fantasy Adventure for all ages

Two forms of power -- natural and chemical - divide the world. Dragons, who keep the chemical power in check, have long retreated from human sight; few still believe in them. Inside a castle surrounded by Tuscan hills more and more threatened by chemical forces, sixteen-year-old Anders lives a sheltered life. But much as his parents try, Anders can't avoid the forces that threaten...

USA:
http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Bearer-R...dp/B006XXHQLY/

UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sword-Bearer...dp/B006XXHQLY/

Best,

Teddy Jacobs
Old 05-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Santos
Avid Reader
Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Santos can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hmmm, looks interesting. Gonna have to snag it today and see. I love fantasy. I read "Lingering in the Woods" 5+ times already
Santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Free again today.

Teddy
Old 06-25-2012, 06:29 AM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
But still not available for those of us who use epub. Do you plan to make it available for people outside the Amazon eco system?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #6
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

In a couple of months, I think I'll be able to leave Kindle exclusivity and publish on more platforms. At the moment my urban fantasy Wicked Hungry is available in epub (nook, kobo) and for iTunes as well.

Best,

Teddy Jacobs
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
But still not available for those of us who use epub. Do you plan to make it available for people outside the Amazon eco system?
Old 06-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I d/loaded this, supposedly an "omnibus" edition of books one & two - all that arrived was the 1st one.. which, again, states it is the omnibus edition.
The 2nd was cheap, so I bought it, but I was a bit annoyed - perhaps you should correct this.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:05 AM   #8
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Hi,

I double checked the files on Amazon.

This here, is the 1st book. (Sword Bearer). Wind Rider is the second book.

The omnibus edition is also available, under the title Return of the Dragons (omnibus).

Sorry about any frustration, and I hope you enjoyed the books!

Teddy Jacobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
I d/loaded this, supposedly an "omnibus" edition of books one & two - all that arrived was the 1st one.. which, again, states it is the omnibus edition.
The 2nd was cheap, so I bought it, but I was a bit annoyed - perhaps you should correct this.

Last edited by TeddyJacobs; 07-06-2012 at 06:07 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #9
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Now free on Amazon USA, on iTunes (worldwide), at Smashwords, and on Kobo (worldwide). See first post.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #10
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyJacobs View Post
Now free on Amazon USA, on iTunes (worldwide), at Smashwords, and on Kobo (worldwide). See first post.
Thanks. Do you plan to make it free at B&N as well? If not, I cn get it at Smashwords.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd like to suggest taking your ePub version and running it through Sigil to clean up the code. Most word processors don't make code all that neat as they aren't designed for eBooks. If you cleaned up the code, you could even add in a table of contents.

Last edited by JSWolf; 07-20-2012 at 03:19 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #12
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Now free for the Nook.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/swor...=2940044738256

Enjoy.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:29 PM   #13
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Now free on Diesel and Sony.

http://www.diesel-ebooks.com/item/SW...Dragons/1.html

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/ted...00000000764830

Still free for Nook and Kindle.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/swor...=2940044738256

http://www.amazon.com/Sword-Bearer-R.../dp/B006XXHQLY

And at Smashwords.
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/204503

Also, feel free to check out my newly redone website. And if you enjoy the book, we authors sure appreciate reviews.

www.teddyjacobs.com

Best,

Teddy Jacobs
Old 11-23-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Still free for a couple of days at least for the nook, the kindle, and Sony ereader. (No longer free on smash words).

Best,

Teddy Jacobs
Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #15
TeddyJacobs
Enthusiast

Epic Fantasy, Sword Bearer, free again for Kindle

Free again, but only for the Kindle.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006XXHQLY

You swing a staff until you're ready to swing a sword. Then you go on all kinds of adventures - fighting monsters, casting spells and saving damsels in distress. At least that's how it's supposed to work, but I didn't believe a word of it.

BOOK ONE OF THE EPIC FANTASY SERIES RETURN OF THE DRAGONS

Locked in his room in the castle, young Anders yearns for adventure. Until the day he opens a magic portal and a girl bursts into his locked room with a chemical warlock hot on her trail.

And adventure finds him.

An adventure full of danger, full of blood, fire, demons and evil. To face it, he'll need the sword given him by his blademaster, need the ancient words his grandfather gave him on his deathbed. Need the song that runs in his own blood, in his veins.

A sword will be reforged, magic words discovered, battles fought, friends made and lost, secrets revealed. And blood will be spilled.

But will blade, word and blood be enough?

Teddy Jacobs