Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 11:19 PM   #121
pking36330
FT Parent PT Reader
pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.pking36330 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Shocked by how much I've read on an iPod Touch received as a gift!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
As it gets closer to production (or when they're actually about to be released), I'm sure myself or another Moderator here will request one so that we can offer a Review right here on Mobileread.

Don
I know y'all will get one, I was trying to wedge me in that pool! Though I would probably be a bad candidate because I'm so pre-disposed to like that particular solution. Asus can't finish that design and get it out quick ehough to suit me.
pking36330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #122
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pking36330 View Post
I know y'all will get one, I was trying to wedge me in that pool! Though I would probably be a bad candidate because I'm so pre-disposed to like that particular solution. Asus can't finish that design and get it out quick ehough to suit me.
I understand where you're coming from.

I should mention, however, that we don't ALWAYS get a Review item. I don't think Sony's ever given us one - or even a Kindle, for that matter. Those smaller companies...well, those are ones to target for reviews.

I might add that if you have a portfolio of writing to show them, you could send them a query letter detailing your background and credentials....who knows, you might just get one.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 07:46 AM   #123
Grauheim
Enthusiast
Grauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litterGrauheim doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Opus; HTC TyTN II
Not to throw oil on the water, but it appears that even the French don't like to call their eBook readers a "liseuse". Bookeen calls the Opus a "livre électronique". La Fnac's online store refers to the Sony 505 as a "livre électronique eBook" and the Opus as the shorter "livre électronique".

But of course if English speakers want to appropriate a French word for a different purpose, there's nothing to stop them.
Grauheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #124
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauheim View Post
But of course if English speakers want to appropriate a French word for a different purpose, there's nothing to stop them.
Well... the French use "footing" for jogging, after all
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #125
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grauheim View Post
Not to throw oil on the water, but it appears that even the French don't like to call their eBook readers a "liseuse". Bookeen calls the Opus a "livre électronique". La Fnac's online store refers to the Sony 505 as a "livre électronique eBook" and the Opus as the shorter "livre électronique".
You can hardly blame them... "livre électronique eBook" does roll off the tongue quite a bit more easily than "liseuse".

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #126
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahi View Post
You can hardly blame them... "livre électronique eBook" does roll off the tongue quite a bit more easily than "liseuse".
A bit more descriptive than calling it an antique desk though.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:19 PM   #127
ahi
Wizard
ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ahi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
A bit more descriptive than calling it an antique desk though.
Yes... but not by that much.

- Ahi
ahi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 PM   #128
kissyfish
Connoisseur
kissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavenskissyfish is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDHarriman View Post
Kissyfish

Considering the uses you are describing, what you need is a tabletpc.

Best regards,
Yes it does, sort of.

But, I don't need a full blown, as powerfull as a laptop thing.

Yet, browser only is a bit too restrictive of an operating environment.

I love the e-ink display, color is not so important to me, it would be nice to have (am watching the PixelQi developments closely).

My main need is document reading, the ability to take notes on the pdf is nice, but not essential.

I don't need fast graphics, as I don't really game (except text adventures, and maybe low-res wargames, etc. I am kind of boring).

The thing I disliked about the iliad, was the pdf displaying ability, I need something 8.5x11 (or really desire it).

Again, that iTablet could be very good, though it is likely to be pricey.
kissyfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liseuse