Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-16-2014, 04:12 AM   #1
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
How do you add images to a post "in-line"?

The Manage Attachments button appends them at the end of the post, but I can't see any way to get them inserted in-line with the text.

So that you have a paragraph of text, then an image, followed by more text, etc, etc.

I'll bet there are instructions for this somewhere on the forum, but I haven't been able to locate anything except a post about linking images from your own gallery in the User Control Panel. Using gallery pictures works, and I have done that previously, but there is a limit on storage.

Using Flickr or other web storage sites is not an option for me, I can't use those.

What is the secret? (I know I am going to feel stupid again when someone explains this...)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by GrannyGrump; 04-16-2014 at 04:14 AM.
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:13 AM   #2
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
I guess the secret is that most images that are "in-line" here are linked to another place in the wide web.
Take a look at the thread "No Words Allowed"
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47464)
click on "Quote" on every post you are interested in and see how they embedded the images.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
The Manage Attachments button appends them at the end of the post, but I can't see any way to get them inserted in-line with the text...
You can create some personal cloud storage here at MobileRead by using the "Pictures & Albums" section via "User CP". This function will provide the necessary link or BB code to insert in line in your post.

Alternatively, after you upload your attachments to a post, you can manage attachments with the "Paper clip" icon and insert thumbnails, at your present cursor location, using the “[ATTACH]" BB Code or scroll down to the "Attached Files" section of your post and long press on the attachment to get the URL to insert or press on the attachment to open up the attachment in a new window and copy the URL that you'll need from there.

Remember to resize your attachments before uploading so they fit comfortably on a screen and that there is a size limit to what you can upload.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-16-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #4
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Billi, I had never paid attention to the code in the text loaded when I used the Quote button, what a lovely trick.

Wetdogeared (do they call you wetdog for short?) thank you for the tip about referencing the attachments. Very clever indeed.

Many thanks to you both, these ideas should get me going.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Like WDE said, you can post a graphic attachment in line by clicking a second time on the paperclip icon you used to upload the graphic and double-clicking the attachment. It will then appear in the body of the text and you can move it anywhere in the post you like just like any other item of text. The downside is that it will appear in the post as an attachment. I do that from time to time, but I always add the phrase "(Click to enlarge)" beneath it, as unlike a straight attachment, there's no way for people to tell just by looking that the picture is a thumbnail and enlargeable.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #6
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...

Thank you for that useful tip. (You guys are going to turn me into an expert in spite of myself!)

Cheers!