Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #31
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I don't much like the new name, but it's a good move on Google's behalf. The name subconsciously suggests that the 'Play' center is a place to go to have fun or go for entertainment. Since it straddles the ecosystem that provides the best entertainment value will dominate. Apple and Amazon are prime examples. Google hopes to switch its image to that of fun and play.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM   #32
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question about the music. It's stored on the cloud, but as someone who's not a fan of cloud storage, is it possible to download it to a computer separate from DRM controlled proprietary stuff? Basically, if I buy an album do I own it and can I put it on mp3 players or hard drives if I so choose?
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #33
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Question about the music. It's stored on the cloud, but as someone who's not a fan of cloud storage, is it possible to download it to a computer separate from DRM controlled proprietary stuff? Basically, if I buy an album do I own it and can I put it on mp3 players or hard drives if I so choose?
Perusing their music, the ones I looked at were all 320 kbps MP3s. MP3s have no DRM.

When I bought an album, it said something to the effect that I could download twice, or install the Google Play Music Manager on my PC. I took that to mean that if I install that Manager program, I could get unlimited downloads (or at least more than two). But that's just my interpretation.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:53 AM   #34
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV64 View Post
Yes. You can download & do as you please.
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote