Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
sony 350 note taking capabilities

Hello--

Fairly quick question for those of you who have these little Sonys. Can you only take notes freehand? (or with the little, apparently quite fragile, stylus?) I was playing with them and Best Buy and I could see that the Daily has soft keyboard, but I couldn't figure out if the the 350 had one or not.

I really like these little devices....nice sturdy feel (stylus aside) and they're pretty elegant looking, and the price is right. But not being able to take notes is a deal breaker for me.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
There is an on-screen touch keyboard, as well as "drawing" mode... my personal favorite way is : double-tap and drag, then when the dictionary pops up and says it can't find the "word" (because it's a section or paragraph, etc), select highlight. Then tap the highlighted section and choose by keyboard...
drdann is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #3
shibamistress
Groupie
shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shibamistress ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KSO (3G), Nook Color, android apps
Thanks! I really thought I'd seen the touchscreen keypad on it when I was playing with it the first time, but the second time I couldn't find it and thought I'd just confused the daily with the 350.
shibamistress is offline   Reply With Quote