Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-14-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
rainbowgryphon
Reading Over the Rainbow
rainbowgryphon began at the beginning.

Device: none
E-pub Buddhist Texts

Hello:

It's been ages since I last visited MobileRead, and I no doubt missed a gazillion good book deals. Every once in a while, I run across some decent freebies and like to touch base with this forum. I've benefited so often from the generosity of others here, and it makes me feel like I'm giving a little back.

I ran across a site called Access to Insight that has some e-pub Buddhist texts. The "About" page says the following:

Access to Insight is an Internet website dedicated to providing accurate, reliable, and useful information concerning the practice and study of Theravada Buddhism, as it has been handed down to us through both the written word of the Pali canon and the living example of the Sangha.

The ebook page is at http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tech/...fest-epub.html. I see about 15 listed, including two translations (in one book) of The Dhammapada and a book on the Noble Eightfold Path by Bhikkhu Bodhi.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Rainbow
rainbowgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Caesonia
Caesonia began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2, Sony PRS-600, eSlick, Nook
Thank you for posting this. I have been looking for something like this.
Caesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 01:33 AM   #3
adityadubey
Addict
adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.adityadubey is considered a powerful good luck charm in most of the civilised world.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Voyage
Thank you!!!
adityadubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:22 AM   #4
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
You can also find material at: http://www.buddhistelibrary.org/
Though they seem to be .pdf files.
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:27 AM   #5
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Wonderful. Thank you!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #6
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydcarts View Post
And you sir. (do wish they were epub though)
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
Caesonia
Caesonia began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2, Sony PRS-600, eSlick, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by boydcarts View Post
Thank you!
Caesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
aryawanso
aryawanso began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
thak you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgryphon View Post
Hello:

It's been ages since I last visited MobileRead, and I no doubt missed a gazillion good book deals. Every once in a while, I run across some decent freebies and like to touch base with this forum. I've benefited so often from the generosity of others here, and it makes me feel like I'm giving a little back.

I ran across a site called Access to Insight that has some e-pub Buddhist texts. The "About" page says the following:

Access to Insight is an Internet website dedicated to providing accurate, reliable, and useful information concerning the practice and study of Theravada Buddhism, as it has been handed down to us through both the written word of the Pali canon and the living example of the Sangha.

The ebook page is at http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tech/...fest-epub.html. I see about 15 listed, including two translations (in one book) of The Dhammapada and a book on the Noble Eightfold Path by Bhikkhu Bodhi.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Rainbow
thank you very much i am always looking for the teachings of the Buddha
aryawanso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buddhism, e-pubs