Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 06:25 AM   #166
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Hello,

That and making the icons and the texts of the user interface LARGER.
That, and especially the text in the dictionary window, larger, bolder
And the keyboard, bold please
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #167
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
That, and especially the text in the dictionary window, larger, bolder
And the keyboard, bold please
Yes !!!
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #168
Maremagnum
Future's Shadow
Maremagnum began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD Firefly/Moonlight
As a suggestion to Booxtor, devices support large SDs however when you put a few thousand documents/files it needs quite some time to just open the "sd" menu, and even larger to use the search function to look for a book, also in that case, if you have many, the search may crash after some time.. and go back to the main screen, btw that happens using "extreme" sds which are the fastest on small files and sorting..

That needs to be fixed, its not a hardware problem but software.

There could be an option to create a sqlite cache, a database of the files, for those who won't move the books/pdf much, then when you search for a book or open the sd menu.. the device won't need to look for the thousand files and folders at once (i'm not talking about metadata, just files), the database is saved, but should not be created automatically when a sd is inserted or the device is started (that would lagg it a lot)

Its a loot faster to make a query to the database file (is just one file) than look for thousands on a slow access device as sd cards.

Last edited by Maremagnum; 12-15-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Maremagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:23 PM   #169
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Can you, please, report the exact type of your big "extreme" sd card.
It can be that the problem is related to a particular card type.
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #170
Maremagnum
Future's Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
Can you, please, report the exact type of your big "extreme" sd card.
It can be that the problem is related to a particular card type.
no is not, sandisk extreme ultra, on class 4 -6 it won't ever open the sd menu

if are normal sds all use the same working standard

one of the test was with 5-6K files, which was about 5GB of the max 32GB supported (and honestly is a small library, i have others of about 30k files, mostly classics, consult, guides.. etc etc)

Last edited by Maremagnum; 12-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #171
pepe_alter_ego
Zealot
pepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animalspepe_alter_ego is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kindle Paperwhite 1 (Wi-Fi)
Maybe you could describe your experience in the thread: "M92: which SD / SDHC card ".
pepe_alter_ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #172
Maremagnum
Future's Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe_alter_ego View Post
Maybe you could describe your experience in the thread: "M92: which SD / SDHC card ".
For? is not related to the sd, but to the handling of the software that tries to list all files at once
Old 12-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #173
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maremagnum View Post
For? is not related to the sd, but to the handling of the software that tries to list all files at once
Hi, you should use folders to organise. I have a folder with about 2000 files inside, but I never open it, it is too slow. You are right, file manager is not so fast but folders is the simplest solution. You can use calibre to easily organize your docs.

cheers!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #174
Maremagnum
Future's Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
Hi, you should use folders to organise. I have a folder with about 2000 files inside, but I never open it, it is too slow. You are right, file manager is not so fast but folders is the simplest solution. You can use calibre to easily organize your docs.

cheers!
yep but that's not a solution, because when you reach a few folders the problem is the same, i already have them on a calibre library, and ordered per author

i can try to set the folder as letters A B C.. and then inside authors starting by the letter, it might ease a bit the loading.. but it doesn't fix the search problem

Last edited by Maremagnum; 12-15-2012 at 05:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:33 AM   #175
Maremagnum
Future's Shadow

i played a bit changing the folders and files distribution and managed to make it work somewhat smooth (some seconds wait on listing, not minutes)

anyway takes about 10min to search a file between 17K files (i know this works way better than most ereaders in search)
Old 12-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #176
inthemood
Zealot

Hello,

Is there a time frame for a new firefly firmware ?

Greetings.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #177
AnneT
Groupie
AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnneT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD, Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura H2O, Boox Poke Pro
In another thread Booxtor mentioned the FireFly firmware is due in a few hours...
AnneT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #178
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Booxtor, can you please open a separate Firefly thread for updates, so we won't mix up?
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #179
pacharico
pacharico began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
Hello Booxter:

You have a MP
pacharico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:59 PM   #180
inthemood
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
In another thread Booxtor mentioned the FireFly firmware is due in a few hours...
Still waiting…