Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #1
DaveSanders
DaveSanders began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Tell Calibre to NOT convert certain file types?

I'm trying to use Calibre for conversion of some file types, but also retagging / organization of all of my book files. What I would like to do is just drop everything into the folder and have it auto converted / sorted out for me. However, some of these files are PDFs that just aren't going to be converted right.

I'd like to tell Calibre to "watch this folder and catalog and move everything to the final location" BUT "don't convert any PDFs - just move them."

Is there a way to do that? I've poked around at all the settings and I must be missing it...
DaveSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there's no way to do that. Why does the conversion bother you? Simply ignore the non PDF file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
DaveSanders
DaveSanders began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Ok thanks.

It just makes the sorting process more manual. I don't want it to convert the PDFs at all because it chews up a lot of time / processor for it to attempt them when I'm just going to throw the results away. I was hoping to use the tagging / library functionality without the converting.

I'll just sort them out manually.
DaveSanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Just drop the PDF directly onto Calibre and leave the auto-import folder for the ones that need conversion.
Note you will have to do something with the PDF's that are dropped, AFTER they have been assimilated (by the Calibre Borg )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, pdf