Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-23-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
Txarly
Txarly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problems installing Calibre on Windows 7

Hi all,
After downloading the installation file from the Calibre site, my Windows 7 (family edition, 32 bits) at home does not allow the .MSI file to be run saying it's an old version and it's blocked by the system policy.

I've tried to install it on a XP PC at the office and works smooth as silk, so my questions are:
- Is this a known problem to Win7?
- Any way to bypass this policy issue?
- Will a Win7 installation program come up soon?

Apart from that, the tool is really fantastic, excellent work guys !!
Thanks in advance for your help !
Txarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I have installed calibre in two different PCs with Win7 with no issues.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txarly View Post
Hi all,
After downloading the installation file from the Calibre site, my Windows 7 (family edition, 32 bits) at home does not allow the .MSI file to be run saying it's an old version and it's blocked by the system policy.

I've tried to install it on a XP PC at the office and works smooth as silk, so my questions are:
- Is this a known problem to Win7?
- Any way to bypass this policy issue?
- Will a Win7 installation program come up soon?

Apart from that, the tool is really fantastic, excellent work guys !!
Thanks in advance for your help !
Someone on your system is playing 'System Administrator' may have tightened the default settings OR your login does not have Administrator privilege (Needed to run a MSI)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote