Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-06-2011, 09:09 AM   #10726
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
i just finished an excellent short story by a M.R. member. unfortunately i don't know if i'm at liberty to discuss it.

i'm currently reading Clickers 2 by JF Gonzalez. its about the united states being invaded by man-eating crab monsters.

i'm eager to get to Clickers 3 because it involves Dagon and Cthulhu cultists.
Why wouldn't you be able to discuss? Is it pre-release?

I finished Alex Bledsoe's "Sword-Edged Blonde". It was okay. Dragged for me because of the switch back and forth from his history to present mystery.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #10727
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Finished Germs, Genes & Civilization by David P. Clark. Now it's off to The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, unless of course that book comes in from inter-library loan.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #10728
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
Finished Germs, Genes & Civilization by David P. Clark. Now it's off to The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut, unless of course that book comes in from inter-library loan.
If you've never read Vonnegut... that's a perfect starting point.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:01 AM   #10729
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^This will the fifth Vonnegut title I've read: Breakfast of Champions, Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse. it's been on my list for a while and I picked it up for $4 on Amazon two weeks back. Time to clear it off the TBR list.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 AM   #10730
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^This will the fifth Vonnegut title I've read: Breakfast of Champions, Cat's Cradle, Slaughterhouse Five, Welcome to the Monkeyhouse. it's been on my list for a while and I picked it up for $4 on Amazon two weeks back. Time to clear it off the TBR list.
Of course if you're already a fan, then it won't matter when you read it... you'll still love it.
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #10731
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I'm reading The Andromeda Strain today, I have seen the movie dozens of times, might as well read the book I suppose...
I'd love to reread it, but there's still no ebook version.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #10732
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just finished reading a graphic novel called Return of the Dapper Men by Jim McCann and illustrated by Janet Lee. How can I describe it? Is it a children's book? A fantasy tale? A hallucinogenic romp? All I know is that it contains 128 pages of some of the most beautiful artwork work I've seen in the genre, and story is filled with wonderful imaginings. The dialog is superb; on one level, it reminds me of dialog I wrote as a child, yet on another there is a depth that could only occur to a mature mind. The story had a unique rhythm. Characters often speak as if things to come were already past. Time, after all, is central to this story of what happened in a town one very long day when for some unexplained reason, tock ceased to follow tick.

Highly recommended for adults of all ages, and children may enjoy it.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 09-06-2011 at 10:47 AM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #10733
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, LookBook, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I'd love to reread it, but there's still no ebook version.
I bought it from half.com and scanned it.
Ron. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:57 PM   #10734
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Started reading Storm Front (Jim Butcher) yesterday. Got curious about it during the book club vote, but it was not for me. Glad I at least gave it a try though!
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #10735
Ron.
Evangelist
Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ron. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just started Magician

Raymond E. Feist's classic fantasy epic, Magician, has enchanted readers for over twenty years. The revised edition was prepared to celebrate the tenth anniversary of its publication, and incorporates over 15,000 words of text omitted from previous editions. At Crydee, a frontier outpost in the tranquil Kingdom of the Isles, an orphan boy, Pug, is apprenticed to a master magician -- and the destinies of two worlds are changed forever. Suddenly the peace of the Kingdom is destroyed as mysterious alien invaders swarm the land. Pug is swept up into the conflict but for him and his warrior friend, Tomas, an odyssey into the unknown has only just begun. Tomas will inherit a legacy of savage power from an ancient civilization. Pug's destiny is to lead him through a rift in the fabric of space and time to the mastery of the unimaginable powers of a strange new magic.
Old 09-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #10736
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I just started Magician
A splendid book, And the series is pretty good too, at least for the first coupleof trilogies. It's such a shame that they're not available in (authorised) ebook form, although the later books are.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 05:21 PM   #10737
Ron.
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
A splendid book, And the series is pretty good too, at least for the first coupleof trilogies. It's such a shame that they're not available in (authorised) ebook form, although the later books are.
I have almost as much fun scanning and making my own ebooks as i do reading them. I would read a lot more if I wasn't always making ebooks
Old 09-06-2011, 05:23 PM   #10738
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I would read a lot more if I wasn't always making ebooks
You said a mouthful.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:22 PM   #10739
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
coraline by neil gaiman

just read coraline by neil gaiman. really liked it even though it was worded kinda' like a kids book, though it was definitely way too dark for a 'real' kids book. you can get a kindle version at amazon.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:53 PM   #10740
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
just read coraline by neil gaiman. really liked it even though it was worded kinda' like a kids book, though it was definitely way too dark for a 'real' kids book. you can get a kindle version at amazon.
Loved that book. Ultra creepy.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote