Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 06:29 PM   #1
DanMcGirt
DanMcGirt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Post Jason Cosmo fantasy series by Dan McGirt

Hello! I joined MR a few months ago after one of my Loyal Readers told me about it and I found several members had some kind words for my humorous fantasy novel, Hero Wanted, (which is available free at Smashwords.) I'll admit I haven't been a frequent visitor since, but I thought I'd check in and let any interested readers know what I've been up to.

Hero Wanted is the first in the relaunched Jason Cosmo series, originally published by Signet/Roc in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm in the process of revising the old books and writing new ones. #2 will be the all-new book Noble Cause, which is what I'm working on now. Probably a summer 2010 release, in both print and digital editions.

I also recently published (also at Smashwords) a Jason Cosmo novella, Rainy Daze, which is set between chapters of Hero Wanted. So if you've already read Hero Wanted, you might like Rainy Daze.

Finally, I've been reading up on podcasting and playing with a new microphone, with the idea of podcasting Hero Wanted and subsequent books. But at the moment that is secondary to getting the new book written!
DanMcGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 02:29 AM   #2
Randolphlalonde
Author
Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Randolphlalonde has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPhone
I'm enjoying Hero Wanted right now actually! You have a style all your own with a consistent voice.

I honestly haven't had such fun reading a book since So Long, and Thanks For All The Fish, my favorite Douglas Adams book.
Randolphlalonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Hey Dan, I just dug a pbook out of a box and thought, "ahh, haven't read this for a while, it'll do nicely... got a few pages in and thought, "Jason Cosmo? Where've I heard that name recently?"

Lo and behold, I was reading Royal Chaos by Dan McGirt!
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:24 PM   #4
DanMcGirt

Thanks! Appreciate the kind words!
Old 10-01-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
DanMcGirt

Hello! For the Kindle owners out there, I want to let you know that HERO WANTED is now available in the Amazon Kindle Store, both US and UK, as of yesterday. I'll be adding most of my other existing titles there in the coming weeks (or months, depending how diligent I am).

Tags
author, dan mcgirt, fantasy, jason cosmo