Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #16
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What type of apple? I'm rather fond of Braeburn, Salish and Spartan but Pink Ladies are, as you said, bland. OTOH, when cooking, I tend to go for Jonagold, Ambrosia and Granny Smith apples.
Whatever those red apples are in the store.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #17
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Red delicious? McIntosh? Many apples are red.

I'm a fan of most apples* myself, but McIntosh are my favorite. Yummy!

* the fruit, not Jobs'
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 11:46 PM   #18
TuxGirl
Groupie
TuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the huskTuxGirl can grip it by the husk

Device: kindle
Quote:
Red delicious are awful. I always wonder who actually buys them.

Our store just got sweetango apples, and I have a new favorite!!! I also really like ambrosia and honey crisp, but frequently buy Fuji and gala, because they have the small size ones, and my kids love them. (My son would eat 3 apples a day if I let him... And an entire bunch of bananas. And then he would eat 3-5 oranges... I caught him once after he snuck 5 bananas and 3 oranges, and he was reaching for another orange!!!)
TuxGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:05 AM   #19
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Russets for the win!!!
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #20
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Berlepsch.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:22 PM   #21
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
Quote:
I do believe he was referring to posters that state their opinions as facts. Not that long term posters couldn't post facts.
Example: Apples are horrible.
That looks like a fact when it is in fact an opinion.
Note: I am in fact not real fond of apples. They are way to bland.
Yes, I did understand that was meant too. But it could be taken either way and that is why I referred to contradictory meanings.

As a baker do you make and like apple pies ?

@TuxGirl re Red Delicious.
Perhaps the problem is they are not dead fresh. Red delicious are poor keepers and goes floury very quickly in storage. But that said there are many varieties that I think for my own taste are better.
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 06:35 PM   #22
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
Yes, I did understand that was meant too. But it could be taken either way and that is why I referred to contradictory meanings.

As a baker do you make and like apple pies ?

@TuxGirl re Red Delicious.
Perhaps the problem is they are not dead fresh. Red delicious are poor keepers and goes floury very quickly in storage. But that said there are many varieties that I think for my own taste are better.
I figured you were pointing out the double meaning, but I could not resist the apple comment.

Can't say I have ever made an apple pie.
Now I did once have a fantastic "peach" cobbler. I was determined it was peach. It tasted peach to me. Everyone else in that restaurant had apple cobbler.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:03 AM   #23
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
I figured you were pointing out the double meaning, but I could not resist the apple comment.

Can't say I have ever made an apple pie.
Now I did once have a fantastic "peach" cobbler. I was determined it was peach. It tasted peach to me. Everyone else in that restaurant had apple cobbler.
Hmmmm.... I once visited an apple orchard in the Okanagan run by a hobby farmer. One part of the tour was blind taste tests on various heritage and new variety apples plus a few other fruits just for variety (literally blind as the person tasting the samples wore a blindfold). The day I was there, one person identified a mango slice as being from a Royal Gala apple.

As a side note, will mysticfairy ever return to give more information on the incomplete book or have we scared she/he away?

Last edited by DNSB; 09-19-2017 at 01:08 AM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #24
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
I--
Note: I am in fact not real fond of apples. They are way to bland.
I would suggest that you check out the different types of apples that are offered. I would venture (opinion type meaning of "venture") some are not as bland as others.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #25
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I have found that sometimes a book that seems to be incomplete really just has an issue of not having downloaded properly. One did that not long ago. It was a collection of true crime stories about serial killers. The first page of each story seemed to be missing as well as some pictures. When I deleted it from my ereader and redownloaded it the problem went away. Either there were some editing problems (which were corrected between when I first downloaded it and I redownloaded the book) or it just hadn't downloaded properly the first time and somehow was still able to be opened. Granted there are some books that are multi piece books (The Green Mile comes to mind as one) but usually there is a mention made (on the download page) that it's a part of a larger work. Sometimes it's easy to miss that mention or the person just doesn't look for it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
annoying, book, incomplete