Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Kindle Paperwhite $20 off thru 4/30 on amazon.com

Logged on to Amazon.com today and they are running a promotion on the Paperwhite (probably for Mother's Day).

$20 off Kindle Paperwhite models
Enter code KINDLEPW at checkout - ETA don't use 1-click or you don't get the coupon code box

Terms & Conditions

Last edited by simplyparticular; 04-28-2013 at 09:17 AM.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 09:18 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Wow great deal!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
frodex
frodex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Does not work for me.
frodex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
shemsha
Connoisseur
shemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animalsshemsha is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodex View Post
Does not work for me.
Oh you made me so happy!
I was ready to order it, but if the coupon do not work, I will stay with my Kindle Keyboard until it dies.
Thanks for saving me $100
shemsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:16 AM   #5
frodex

Maybe only works with prime members
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 11:55 AM   #6
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodex View Post
Does not work for me.
It didn't work for me either.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #7
frodex

They told me that the code only works with customers that have received the email about the promotion
Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
The terms and conditions state that each promo code can only be used once. Maybe that's part of the problem people are having.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:54 PM   #9
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I didn't get any email with the code. It just shows up on Amazon's home page when I'm there.

I am a Prime member, however. I'm also part of Amazon Mom.

ETA: I signed out, and the offer doesn't show, so it apparently isn't an open code - sorry!
Old 04-29-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I have a paperwhite and Amazon mom (and paid prime) - no joy here...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #11
Fluribus
Guru
Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fluribus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyparticular View Post
ETA: I signed out, and the offer doesn't show, so it apparently isn't an open code - sorry!
Maybe Amazon is simply particular about who precisely gets the discount.
Fluribus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #12
simplyparticular
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
Maybe Amazon is simply particular about who precisely gets the discount.
Well, I like to think I'm special, but I doubt Amazon thinks I'm so special I get my own code

I wonder if it's because I don't own a Kindle, I just use the iOS apps.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:18 PM   #13
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
I'm seeing the code on the homepage. I have no kindle devices, my Amazon Mom account has lapsed, and I freeload my brother-in-law's Amazon prime account. I do buy a lot of stuff from Amazon!

I'm tempted but I really want to see a Kobo Glo. I went to an independent bookstore this weekend that was listed as having it, but they didn't.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:52 AM   #14
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
elemenoP,
As mentioned in a reply to a comment today that was about the new Search function on the Paperwhite update, I mentioned this as one of the features that has me thinking Kindle rather than the other e-readers which don't go much beyond reading, although the Kobo is really good with multiple language reading and has access to books in countries where the books wanted are not so available on the Kindle.

The new (or renewed) Search of your entire Kindle for a word (or phrase) is large with me. Not only that, it's really fast. I knew I had some personal docs that had to do with election news from a send-to-kindle of a web document, and I knew that my New Yorker subscription would have the word too.

So I opened a book about politics and highlighted the word "election" on a page and then Searched all my Items for any instance of that in other content on my Kindle.

It gave me within 5 seconds a list of all New Yorker issues on my device (text based magazine) with that word, same with all books, the personal docs I knew had the word, and the results gave surrounding text for the words for context and of course linked me to each occurrence and brought me to any selected one very quickly. Am very happy with that.

Though the code did not work for me when I first tried because I already own a Kindle, I later learned of another way to get the $20 off with the help of Amazon customer support even when one already owns a Kindle. The instructions for that from other customers who have done it, with help from Amazon reps, are here:

http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2013...hru-april.html
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote