Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
More likely it will be used by Airport Screeners

New Camera Makes Seeing the 'Invisible' Possible:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0305105947.htm
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:08 AM   #2
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
*sigh*

i guess this is supposed to make our lives "better"? well, i just hope this will be used appropriately.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
hahaha, may only cause some heating effects. I hope they do some big tests, before trying to cook you on the airport.
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Well this will make the airport even more horrible *sigh* I don't want to offend anyone but I'm all for racial profiling, I'm not racist at all it's just that the people who blow up planes are Muslim not Christians, Buddhist's, atheist's or any other religion other than Islam. I'm not attacking you moderate Muslim's just the radical ones.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #5
obs20
Wizard
obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obs20 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 600, Nook ST, Toshiba Excite 10.1 AT 300
Now if they can make a hand held version it might level the playing field between passenger and airport personnel.
obs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Well this will make the airport even more horrible *sigh* I don't want to offend anyone but I'm all for racial profiling, I'm not racist at all it's just that the people who blow up planes are Muslim not Christians, Buddhist's, atheist's or any other religion other than Islam. I'm not attacking you moderate Muslim's just the radical ones.
Good thing we can all recognize a Muslim when we see one, then, since they all look like.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:13 PM   #7
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by obs20 View Post
Now if they can make a hand held version it might level the playing field between passenger and airport personnel.
I volunteer to test it when they do - not necessarily at the airport though
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kindle
I think racial profiling is a waste, the bombers will just find a different profile to use. Personally I think that this whole TSA nonsense is a huge money pit that's just making everyone wish they took the train.
Mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #9
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
[QUOTE=Mortis;1438062Personally I think that this whole TSA nonsense is a huge money pit that's just making everyone wish they took the train.[/QUOTE]

They're already planning to put the TSA in charge of both trains and long-distance buses, last I heard, Mortis.

How long till you need to apply to the local office for permission to go and visit your grandma at Thanksgiving?
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:03 AM   #10
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Wilde View Post
They're already planning to put the TSA in charge of both trains and long-distance buses, last I heard, Mortis.

How long till you need to apply to the local office for permission to go and visit your grandma at Thanksgiving?

And isn't this what Osama is hoping for...
Old 03-11-2011, 05:55 AM   #11
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia
Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mortis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I can hear it now.. "Vher are your papers, vhat do you mean you have no papers, guards, guards!!!

I find it amazing that the powers that be haven't looked into the history books a little, this is how all good Communist states started, unless they were overthrown from outside their borders. I just can't see Canada bothering or Mexico having a chance
Old 03-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Yep, I can hear it now.. "Vher are your papers, vhat do you mean you have no papers, guards, guards!!!

I find it amazing that the powers that be haven't looked into the history books a little, this is how all good Communist states started, unless they were overthrown from outside their borders. I just can't see Canada bothering or Mexico having a chance
No, but Canada may build a really big wall to keep the insanity to the South.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #13
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
Good thing we can all recognize a Muslim when we see one, then, since they all look like.
You can recognize them by their distinctive Muslim garb.

No Christians have ever tried to blow up buildings or impede transportation in the US. Health clinics, of course, don't count; women who are stupid enough to seek prenatal care at a clinic that provides abortion deserve to risk being attacked or killed on their way to visit their doctor.

(Hey, moderators? Where's the "sarcasm" font button?)
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #14
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
No, but Canada may build a really big wall to keep the insanity to the South.
Sounds like a wise idea.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:56 AM   #15
Mortis
Canucklehead in Malaysia

Lets hope Canada decides to do it soon, I may be heading back soon. The last international flight I took was from Dubai to Malaysia, and the amount of time wasted by security, zero, zip nadda, I spent maybe 5 minutes waiting in line to check in, show my passport and wham bam thank you ma'am, I was sitting in my seat drinking a tall cool drink.

I have never had any problems flying in SE Asia or the Middle East.

Lets face it, Osama won, look at the mess in the airports, docks, train stations, bus terminals and border crossings. If all the terrorists wanted was to cause confusion and make the government waste billions, they have exceeded their expectations.
And as a bonus, Americans gave up many rights and freedoms, most Americans don't even know the ones they lost.