Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
UTF-8

Since html2mobi failed to produce a correct mobi file for an html page I tested calibre. I tried to convert:

http://www.baens-universe.com/articles/Article_of_Faith

But calibre seemed to have the same problem with UTF-8 as my html2mobi. So is the web page incorrect? Or should I specify some flag to any2mobi?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:24 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, any2mobi should handle UTF-8 perfectly well, though since llasram wrote the MOBI output code, he's the one to ask. What was the problem with the produced MOBI file?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:35 PM   #3
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
As far as I know, any2mobi should handle UTF-8 perfectly well, though since llasram wrote the MOBI output code, he's the one to ask. What was the problem with the produced MOBI file?
In FBReader the UTF-8 characters (quotes) was not displayed correctly. I just did a wget on the URL and renamed that file to something ending in html and then ran any2mobi. Maybe I should test the result on my Cybook also...

OK, it worked on my Cybook so it must be my instance of FBReader that does not work properly.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote