Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM   #751
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepk View Post
Congrats on your 5K !!
Just repackaging now...

deciding on whether I should be bundling the "extensions-refresh-menu" extension... I feel I should. Checking through the changelogs

Which by the way is vast. Hence the huge delay.

EDIT: Okay I may have fallen slightly asleep. (wipes drool from desk)

doh, back to the repackaging...

Last edited by twobob; 05-06-2013 at 10:23 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #752
haro138
haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Touch
Okay, I'm really sorry if I'm missing something here but I'm trying to install the "devcerts install.bin and kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin" files but my Kindle Touch continues to have the "update your kindle" option grayed out. I tried dropping one file at a time to the root of the kindle and have had no success. It is running 5.1.2 and has duokan installed. THANK YOU in advance.
haro138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #753
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haro138 View Post
Okay, I'm really sorry if I'm missing something here but I'm trying to install the "devcerts install.bin and kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin" files but my Kindle Touch continues to have the "update your kindle" option grayed out. I tried dropping one file at a time to the root of the kindle and have had no success. It is running 5.1.2 and has duokan installed. THANK YOU in advance.
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin

and

update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin

for that device.

Are you putting them on via USB or via ssh?

Thanks
Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #754
twobob

Okay, So I finally finished...

Gonna put together a new set of pictures. Since there are several changes to the previous version.

KUAL 2.0 is up.

Let me know if it explodes anything.

Changelog attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt CHANGELOG.txt (19.1 KB, 263 views)
Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #755
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2.1
Twobob, thanks for updating the first post with the new KUAL 2.0. Could you please also link to https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/KUAL_What's_New in the first post? In spite of the generic title, that page includes lots of interesting information for menu developers.

Well, now let's wait to hear what other people say about the new KUAL 2.0
stepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:42 AM   #756
twobob

Okay mate. I'm working on screenies now

Thanks!! (I read that page by the way, nice work)
Old 05-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #757
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
KUAL 2.0 is up.
Just tried, works perfect for me.

I like the submenu system and the feedbacks about errors on extensions.

Thanks to everybody who worked for this (Twobob, Ixtab, Stepk, .. )
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #758
twobob

Thanks Thomass, Yes I still need more screenshots for all of the new facilities that have been added.

: ) Really pleased it works for you
Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 AM   #759
stepk
Groupie
stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stepk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for your feedback, Thomass. Developing KUAL is fun!
@twobob, are you getting enough sleep? Maybe not enough judging from the timestamps of your posts
Old 05-07-2013, 06:43 AM   #760
twobob

4.5 hours last night. not tons. There is a whole world of work going down my side though... Sadly mostly not kindle related.

Trying to keep on top of it though. Still I will leave a nice looking corpse as they say

Will attempt to continue to add screenies when I steal a bit more time.

Thanks for asking.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #761
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by haro138 View Post
Unplug the USB cable.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 AM   #762
haro138
haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.haro138 is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin

and

update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin

for that device.

Are you putting them on via USB or via ssh?

Thanks
I was doing it by dropping the files to the root via USB and trying to update. Should I be doing it via ssh?

... and thank YOU.
haro138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #763
stepk
Groupie

@haro138
drop update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_devcerts_install.bin to root via USB
eject kindle, unplug USB, system menu, update

when kindle restarts
drop update_k5_ALL_PW_ALL_kindlet_jailbreak_install.bin to root via USB
eject kindle, unplug USB, system menu, update

let us know what happens
Old 05-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #764
twobob

AFAIK those types of updates for the touch should service all serial numbers....
Don't suppose it's a really exotic purchase location or something?

What's the first 4 digits of your serial? B011?

Last edited by twobob; 05-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #765
kaito
Connoisseur
kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.kaito understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: k3w, gloHD
Just tried v2 and it looks much better on the Kindle Keyboard, thanks! Very nice laucher for my mplayer stations (just need to add "= > >> buttons next), I can sync my books over wifi (I compiled wget so I could mirror a webdir), and I added an item to refresh the booklist ("dbus-send --system /default com.lab126.powerd.resuming int32:1").

Not sure if a minor bug or if it is just how kindlets work but it seems to draw itself after loading but I can see the top book title for a second through the top button before it refreshes/redraws a second time and then it looks fine.
kaito is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified