Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Can I modify titles in eReader?

I've been using Mobipocket for several years but decided to give eReader a try because several books I want are only available in it.

One thing I like about Mobipocket is the ability to modify the title. My problem is that I read a lot of 'series' books. I also reread them so I tend to carry several in my library-but if I leave them with the default title then not only does the sequence get scrambled but they also get mixed up with the other books. For instance if I have (among others) Susan Wittig Albert's Bleeding Hearts (14) & Spanish Dagger (15), Piers Anthony's Faun & Games (21), Zombie Lover (22), and Xone of Contention (23), and B M Bowers' Chip of the Flying U (1) & The Flying U Ranch (2) and I list those by the default title the list is:
Bleeding Hearts, Chip of the Flying U, Faun & Games, The Flying U Ranch, Spanish Dagger, Xone of Contention, and Zombie Lover.

But the order in which I'd like them listed is:
Bleeding Hearts, Spanish Dagger, Faun & Games, Zombie Lover, Xone of Contention, Chip of the Flying U, and The Flying U Ranch. (I don't really care about the order in which the series appear-I'm concerned about the order within each series.)

Using Mobipocket I've solved this by modifying the titles to prefix a series ID & sequence. Like Bayles14-Bleeding Hearts, Bayles15-Spanish Dagger, FlyingU 1-Chip of the Flying U, FlyingU2-The Flying U Ranch, Xanth 21-Faun & Games, Xanth 22-Zombie Lover, and Xanth 23-Xone of Contention.

Is there a way to do the same in eReader?

Thanks.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote