Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #946
CTurner
Enthusiast
CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CTurner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle for PC
I'm in the mode of hashing out the groundwork for a new fantasy novel. The world-building and character generation go hand in hand, and is something I do without pen and paper, just imagining it all in the head. Once I've got a good handle on the world, then comes the phase of connecting all the pieces to build a 'story'. For me this is one of the most enjoyable parts of the writing process, because there's no 'writing', it's just all imagining and visualizing. Easy to modify things and build upon root ideas.
CTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #947
AncientGardener
AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AncientGardener ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I'm just starting the 2nd book in my 'Year of the Celt' series. This one runs from Imbolc to Beltane (each of the 4 book covers 1/4 of the 'Celtic' year).
The first book was all about surviving the winter, this is about winter's end and spring.
Having established the characters and the backdrop (a mini ice age and an influx of refugees), this will have a different approach, developing the characters and the relationships between them.
AncientGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2012, 08:15 PM   #948
DaringNovelist
Addict
DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaringNovelist ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
I'm running and experiment for a year: I'm writing a blog serial. Super short episodes (under 700 words) twice a week, plus a header illustration.

Right now I'm finishing up the summer's story, The Misplaced Hero. It is a cartoony adventure set in a world based on the kind of reality you'd see in old movie serials.

That one I'm writing live, and it's a lot of work, especially since it's combined with my regular blogging schedule. In October I'll be switching to another story which already exists in rough draft form. I hope that will leave me more time for my other writing....

Camille
DaringNovelist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #949
Marycv
Member Retired
Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marycv ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 2
I hope you good luck on your novel, and you would great success. I just finish writing a non-fiction book. I talk about what's it like to have a learning disability, and give helpful advise that may help others that are going through the same thing as I have. I had it edited, I just have to go over the corrections and prepare a proposal to send to the publisher. I hope everything will work out.
Marycv is offline   Reply With Quote